BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Booty
Enjoying it!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0D M

Software update?

Could anyone help with some advice?

Car has been at dealership for minor repair and I asked if they could check for any software updates. I was told there weren't any by a not overly confident wifey.

My car is a 2013 3.0d with nav. I maybe wrong but I thought there could have been some form of updates to the ecu or other software in the last year or so.

Any comments welcome, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

I asked the same question when mine went in for a replacement nav screen and was told that there were no new updates. On the BMW site the latest update is UPD01006 which is the version I am running. I was hoping for a new firmware update to the new style idrive, but what a crazy idea that is!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
Pitiful Old Man
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

My understanding is that, at least here in the States, they won't do a software update unless you complain about a specific problem which has been addressed by an update. It is a long process (hours) and ties up a bay for that entire time. If something goes wrong, they must restart the process.

When I asked for a software update to correct the throttle hesitation problem experienced on the early F25 35s, I went equipped with the service bulletin reference. In spite of this, the service advisor prompted me with "does it exhibit the hesitation after a California stop." (He meant no stop, just a slow down.) When I answered in the affirmative, they went ahead with the update. I had the distinct impression that this was a pass/fail test where the wrong answer would disqualify me for the update.
Appreciate 0