BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-30-2022, 02:09 AM   #1
iliannavy
Rep
Drives: bmw f10

HU retrofit from US to ECE.Red modules and no autoscan radio

The car is BMW F25 2011.Retrofitted with US Head unit.But after retrofit I got these faults in ISTA and Radio is not scanning automaticaly during change the region.Any Idea with red modules in the ISTA?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 12:36 PM   #2
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i

Did you code new HU in with e-sys?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 03:20 AM   #3
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Coding the HU is paramount. Also, it will need an FSC code to activate it. There are eBay emulators out there that will do the Job.

Some of the supporting equipment is not the same. On the CCC and CIC, you could choose between EU and US radio profiles without issues but things have changed. for NBT you can change the profile and it will work initially but the radio module will overheat and stop auto scanning after some time. The Idrive knob will also overheat ( Don't ask me why)

On NBT EVO after you switch from the EU profile to the US. You lose the radio completely.

In my case since I have NBT I just left it at US but turned on TMC and that is enough of a compromise for me. No TP or extra radio channels within the 100 MHz range though.

You have to check the wiring pinouts. Some people report that it is not the same as the wiring loom between the US and EU are not the same. You have some work ahead of you.
Appreciate 0