BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
DC 10
Rep
Drives: 2008 X3

Newbie here with some questions 08-X3

Hi Folks - Sorry for all the questions here - but any input and feedback would be great -

So my green/dark green whatever color it is - has 88K traded in my 08 Honda CRV with 106.5K - about a month ago - I do like the BMW X3 and I like my car color as there seems to be tons of silver, black and blue ones around -

I hope this purchase was not a mistake - The engine is solid and clean and all electronics work no issues - The car is overall nice, and I do realize it has some miles -

Past two weeks - Replaced Springs, New Tires (Conti's Extreme Contact DWS) and new brakes (quasi ceramic pads and Drilled out Discs) -

Five Things I have to ask:

1. Car has a slight shimi to it kinda of feel it in the steering wheel - and also and when I turn I get a little at 45/50 mph will occasionally get a little feedback from the steering wheel.

2. a loud click/klump when breaking after I have been driving - The brake sound happens if the car breaks slowly after driving it 15 minutes and then 15/20 minutes later when braking comes back - the goes away and repeats -

Any ideas - I am thinking motor mounts or motor bolts for the shimi part -

The click/klump sound not sure what that is - When I brake the car does not pull to the left or right??

3. Does anyone have a Bluetooth module they are looking to sell - 84109195455?

4. I am taking the car to a BMW garage in New England - Turner Motor works they seem like solid folks there - I am having them do a COMPLETE check on the car - Is there anything I should note to them - just in case?

5. Differential fluid - front and rear how often does it need to be checked and/or replaced?

Thanks again -

DC 10
Appreciate 0