BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #1
gloryd
Rep
Drives: X3

Question Need Help - Does 15 MSport has the same hood and fender as XLine?(XPel Film Related)

Hi Guys,

I just ordered a x3 35i msport last week and I'm considering installing XPel Ultimate film on my x3. Unfortunately, Xpel doesn't have precut film available for LCI MSport yet, they currently only offer precut film for Xline. I am thinking buying the XLine hood, fender, and mirror film for my Msport if they are same, and at the same time waiting for the msport bumper film come out.

Here is the link from XPel, they have pattern images provided
X3 Film

Could someone help me make sure if Msport and Xline has the same hood and fender?

Thanks very much for helping!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
Jims1001
Registered
Rep
Drives: full size pu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryd View Post
Hi Guys,

I just ordered a x3 35i msport last week and I'm considering installing XPel Ultimate film on my x3. Unfortunately, Xpel doesn't have precut film available for LCI MSport yet, they currently only offer precut film for Xline. I am thinking buying the XLine hood, fender, and mirror film for my Msport if they are same, and at the same time waiting for the msport bumper film come out.

Here is the link from XPel, they have pattern images provided
X3 Film

Could someone help me make sure if Msport and Xline has the same hood and fender?

Thanks very much for helping!
M sport pattern is not same as the X line. However, a skillful Xpel installer is able to install the Xpel without the pre-cut pattern. I got mine done last Tuesday and my installer installed it without the pattern at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
gloryd
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims1001 View Post
M sport pattern is not same as the X line. However, a skillful Xpel installer is able to install the Xpel without the pre-cut pattern. I got mine done last Tuesday and my installer installed it without the pattern at all.
Thanks for reply. My installer quoted $2000 for customizing the full hood, fender, bumper and mirror. and $1200 for using pattern. I kinda feel it's too expensive and trying to save some money. Do you mind sharing your cost?
Appreciate 0