BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-06-2018, 10:07 AM   #111
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by imkash View Post
I hear you 100 percent! Either way it's not to bad just hope the shape is proportioned correctly or it'll be a mess. I drove the x3 M40i and tbh it drives sooo good. It's faster then my 335 sedan so if the x4 M40 is anything like this and it may be better being with dynamics and alll that I'm all for it and will forget sedans even exists. With lowered springs m package and dynamics added ecu tune your in full M territory under the buck. And you'll have an enjoyable daily sav beast. In sport mode that thing shifts and vibrates your whole cabin. On throttle release on hard acceleration it just burbles so perfect each time.
I agree, I think BMW have to get this one right as the original X4 (not even 4 years old yet) was a bit of a dogs dinner of a design! I'm hoping this looks great in the metal. I've been considering a Macan but it's just a touch out of my price range... An X4 M40i will by my reckoning (priced a fraction above X3) be around £52k so around £47k after discount... even the Macan 4 cylinder with leather & 19" rims (extra cost options on a Porsche) will cost £48k!! Yep this one could be just right fingers crossed! Just hope it doesn't grow in size...
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #112
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
I hear you 100 percent! Either way it's not to bad just hope the shape is proportioned correctly or it'll be a mess. I drove the x3 M40i and tbh it drives sooo good. It's faster then my 335 sedan so if the x4 M40 is anything like this and it may be better being with dynamics and alll that I'm all for it and will forget sedans even exists. With lowered springs m package and dynamics added ecu tune your in full M territory under the buck. And you'll have an enjoyable daily sav beast. In sport mode that thing shifts and vibrates your whole cabin. On throttle release on hard acceleration it just burbles so perfect each time.
No hope for ECU tune in the Gxx platform B58 engines
If the 340 (first car with B58) hasn't had any type of luck I don't forsee the Gxx with the extra 1024 bit encryption it has on top of the Fxx series ECU seeing anything in 2018.
There's been 0 luck and success with the 2016 340's in the past 2yrs as the Fxx just seems to be getting better.
You will be in M territory once they figure out ECU tuning because piggybacks can't achieve that yet on stock turbo.
The 340/440 with Upgraded Turbos, Throttle Body Injection (Meth/E98) + jb4 are definitely up in power just no real gains on pump as of now that would be worth it.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Last edited by FSociety; 03-03-2018 at 01:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #113
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Quote:
If the 340 (first car with B58) hasn't had any type of luck I don't forsee the Gxx with the extra 1024 bit encryption it has on top of the Fxx series ECU seeing anything in 2018.
There's been 0 luck and success with the 2016 340's in the past 2yrs as the Fxx just seems to be getting better.
You will be in M territory once they figure out ECU tuning because piggybacks can't achieve that yet on stock turbo.
The 340/440 with Upgraded Turbos, Throttle Body Injection (Meth/E98) + jb4 are definitely up in power just no real gains on pump as of now that would be worth it.
Well I guess the extra m package piggyback will be worth it then. It'll still do damage. Cause trust when I say the new x3 M40 goesssss! It's super fun to drive.

Then when the x4 M is down in price I'll get that. I got the perfect plan
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 05:58 PM   #114
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Must admit I’ve never even considered a tune on my 340, it’s just so damn fast as it is and I rarely use all of its power now! I’ve heard Dinan (I think) tested its factory output and in real terms it’s higher than the stated 320hp anyway!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 03:14 AM   #115
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS View Post
I don't know why all the hate. I like how sleek the rear looks, BUT, it doesn't talk to the front of the car..which looks a bit "bulky(?)", feminine, as someone pointed out in the other thread.

I already don't like the lack of character that each model has, copying the same front on the X3/4 and X5/6. If the X4 had its own front design, it might have had a more coherent design all around.
Absolutely! I love this rear, never been a fan of BMW’s bulky stepped rear clusters. But as you say the front, which I desperately hoped wouldn’t follow the new X3, is bulky looking with none of the elegance of the rear! I guess this is an attempt to give it a chunky 4x4 kind of appearance maybe!?

Hooydonk has said that from now on each car will get its own individual styling (contra to what Audi do) and while the rear here is a totally new thing for BMW the front is lifted straight from the X3.... strange, as a sleeker pair of headlights could have made this car so much more attractive.... but then I guess aesthetics has never really been one of BMW’s priorities! I will however reserve judgment until I see one on the road in full three dimensional glory!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #116
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
Absolutely! I love this rear, never been a fan of BMW’s bulky stepped rear clusters. But as you say the front, which I desperately hoped wouldn’t follow the new X3, is bulky looking with none of the elegance of the rear! I guess this is an attempt to give it a chunky 4x4 kind of appearance maybe!?

Hooydonk has said that from now on each car will get its own individual styling (contra to what Audi do) and while the rear here is a totally new thing for BMW the front is lifted straight from the X3.... strange, as a sleeker pair of headlights could have made this car so much more attractive.... but then I guess aesthetics has never really been one of BMW’s priorities! I will however reserve judgment until I see one on the road in full three dimensional glory!!
Don’t like front or rear but want to see full reveal then decide, hoping the xline model will sort out the front.
Appreciate 1
nozydog465.00
      02-10-2018, 04:18 AM   #117
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanecarmaster1 View Post
I have to say that this is a refreshing departure from their bubbly, bulky, and overplayed styling. I love what the did with the rear lights. Their rear lights have been bothering me lately - the new 5 series tail lights could do with a shrinkage of about 80%.
Totally... there’s a fair bit of hate over the rear on this thread, but to me it looks really really good... different for BMW definitely which is no bad thing... those rear lights almost look like they’ve been lifted straight from the old Alfa 156... slim and cool. BMW should ditch their bulky L shaped rear clusters for good and move into the future
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 04:42 AM   #118
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0gi View Post
meh.... I was waiting to see the new X4 and now kinda dissapointed to be honest. Don't like the new back it looks out of place with the rest of car. I guess I'm gonna trade my X4 for the new X3, that's just sad ��
Personally I could no way live with the look of the new x3... particularly the rear lights which are quite possibly the worst BMW have ever put on a car!!

We can currently only see the front of the car from below ground level as they’re high up on the truck... I think it could look good at eye level in the right colour and top end M sport trim (he says clutching a fistful of straws!!)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #119
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
Personally I could no way live with the look of the new x3... particularly the rear lights which are quite possibly the worst BMW have ever put on a car!!

We can currently only see the front of the car from below ground level as they’re high up on the truck... I think it could look good at eye level in the right colour and top end M sport trim (he says clutching a fistful of straws!!)
The new X3 light imo much better the new X4 light a bit hideous, we wait for final reveal to make final judgement
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #120
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
The new X3 light imo much better the new X4 light a bit hideous, we wait for final reveal to make final judgement
Actually just watched a video review of the X3 and seeing it moving in a real situation, those rear lights do look good!! Though I still think the slitty ones on this X4 look way more sporty and (whether you like them or not) I'd say fair play to BMW for stepping out and making a real change in their design here!! A shame they didn't do the same at the front!! But... recognisable corporate faces and all that!!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 06:57 AM   #121
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Shidddd! Before anybody roasts me or say anything. #Nofurtherquestions #ineedalawyer
Appreciate 0