BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #23
jsl1419
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 35i M sport

I just installed 80w Cree Led fog light last Saturday.
Very satisfied with color and brightness. Much better than stock H11 yellowish output. Thought about PIAA ion yellow H11 bulb but I heard it does not last long.

Feel like it help me to avoid notorious Chicago potholes.

Last edited by jsl1419; 03-03-2014 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #24
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacecapt View Post
I discovered an easy solution to removing and reinserting the fog lights. Attach a suction cup (I use a Garmin GPS suction cup) to the front of the lens then it is much easier to use your other hand to disengage the retention clip.
Are you able to get the assembly out from the front or do you have to go from behind the bumper?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #25
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenaBimmer View Post
Sorry for the delay. I have added a few pictures of the passenger side foglight removed, notice that I'm showing the metal clip that you have to press down on to release the foglight from the bumper (There are 2 pics, a side view to show how you press down on it, then a front view so you will know what to look for in the bumper), then you pull out the foglight with the black plastic clip that I'm pointing to in the last picture. I used the screw driver from the tool kit in the X3 because the manual acted like that was the only tool that would work, but Im sure you could use any old screwdriver that is long enough.
Same question I asked before... Were you able to get the fog light assembly (bulb and lens out) from the front or did you have to go from behind the front bumper?

I have a cracked lens and bulb that i'm trying to replace.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 06:01 PM   #26
MetaX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Same question I asked before... Were you able to get the fog light assembly (bulb and lens out) from the front or did you have to go from behind the front bumper?

I have a cracked lens and bulb that i'm trying to replace.
It looks like Xenabimmer just removed the housing as described in the manual for replacing the bulb. If that is indeed the case, it can be done from the front without needing to get behind the bumper.
Appreciate 0