BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
pwdrskr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi allroad

My dilemma: to M-sport or not to M-sport

About to place my order on a new X3 and have been going back and forth over whether to go for the M sport or not. Really like the shadow line trim on the M sport, neutral on the front end design.

On the other hand, I actually like the black trim over the wheel arches, etc.

One thing I have noticed, when checking out the X3 at a dealership I noticed that some 35i have small running boards, but when using the online configurator they do not show up?

Trying to figure out what really changes in the suspension set up. I'm not clear on the difference between the Dynamic Handling + SAV and the M sport suspension.

Delivery time isn't an issue as I don't want the car until ~April anyway to coincide with the end of my current lease (335xi).

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
TrikinCurt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdrskr View Post
About to place my order on a new X3 and have been going back and forth over whether to go for the M sport or not. Really like the shadow line trim on the M sport, neutral on the front end design.

On the other hand, I actually like the black trim over the wheel arches, etc.

One thing I have noticed, when checking out the X3 at a dealership I noticed that some 35i have small running boards, but when using the online configurator they do not show up?

Trying to figure out what really changes in the suspension set up. I'm not clear on the difference between the Dynamic Handling + SAV and the M sport suspension.

Delivery time isn't an issue as I don't want the car until ~April anyway to coincide with the end of my current lease (335xi).

Thoughts?
Do we even get the M in the US in April? I thought, like the diesels, it is one more cool thing we don't get! From the plant... in the US...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Well, since there isn't an M Sport option in the US, your decision should be pretty easy.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
Marla17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

M Sport is available for April builds in the US.
Appreciate 0