BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Well I got off my lazy butt this afternoon and got the zaino applied.

To be honest I couldn't notice the difference ... probably because the sweat dripping into my eyes. It was 30c in the shade so it was a damn good work out. You guys didn't tell me Zaino was like every other polish/wax. I felt like Mr. Miyagi was behind me saying, "wax on, wax off".

So after washing the car with dawn dish washing detergent I applied the Z-AIO then applied the Z-2 pro. After I was done the painted surfaces wern't slippery like other waxes I've used in the past. Is it suppose to be slippery?

My wife returned home and said the car looked spectacular so I guess zaino works OK.

Edit: pic of the shine... ya can see the reflection of my motorcycle which was parked about 2m from the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
I think the only Canadian distributor is located in Guelph, ON. About an hour from my place. I was gonna drive over there and p/u some zaino... but like I said I getting damn lazy about waxing and polishing.
Attached Images

Last edited by lbjgh; 07-22-2012 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Well I got off my lazy butt this afternoon and got the zaino applied.

To be honest I couldn't notice the difference ... probably because the sweat dripping into my eyes. It was 30c in the shade so it was a damn good work out. You guys didn't tell me Zaino was like every other polish/wax. I felt like Mr. Miyagi was behind me saying, "wax on, wax off".

So after washing the car with dawn dish washing detergent I applied the Z-AIO then applied the Z-2 pro. After I was done the painted surfaces wern't slippery like other waxes I've used in the past. Is it suppose to be slippery?

My wife returned home and said the car looked spectacular so I guess zaino works OK.
You need two three coats of Z2 with Z6 between coats. Then seal it with Z-CS and top it with Z6.

Once all is done, for months you won't need any polish, just wash and apply Z6.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #25
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
In your pic it looks great, but after I'm done using Zaino my X3 honestly feels like silk. Maybe you left the Zaino sit on the surface too long before trying to take it off or maybe you applied it to heavily. It should go on and off much easier than regular wax. That is one of the things I like about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #26
terrytnt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i M/DHP Carbon Black

Zaino is outstanding... used it immediately on my 2012 X3 Carbon Metallic Black M Sport... After 5 months, just resealed and polished. I use their car wash and sprintz every week. Simply amazing...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #27
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 (Sept 2012) 525i (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytnt View Post
Zaino is outstanding... used it immediately on my 2012 X3 Carbon Metallic Black M Sport... After 5 months, just resealed and polished. I use their car wash and sprintz every week. Simply amazing...
some more CB+zaino please
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #28
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2.0d Mineral Silver

Let me show my car with another similar treatment, the link is to an italian detailer to whom I asked to seal my car with this "nano tech" product: CQUARTZ FINEST. I think I have the glossiest BMW in Rome!!!

Two months have passed and the car is still shiny as after the treatment, water just slips away in nice and circular drops, dirt remains on the car with much more difficulty. See some pics here:

http://simone-ilmiolavoro.blogspot.i...tz-finest.html
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #29
Jan van Zyl
Private First Class
Namibia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 (F25) x-drive 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator69 View Post
Let me show my car with another similar treatment, the link is to an italian detailer to whom I asked to seal my car with this "nano tech" product: CQUARTZ FINEST. I think I have the glossiest BMW in Rome!!!

Two months have passed and the car is still shiny as after the treatment, water just slips away in nice and circular drops, dirt remains on the car with much more difficulty. See some pics here:

Like this guy's wash bay area.

As an aside - I never thought about seaching "detailing - Wiki" but was led there by a forum member - and there is really quite a lot of info here:

http://detailingwiki.com/index.php5?title=Main_Page

Reading in stages recommended..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #30
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator69 View Post

Great work

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0