BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-16-2015, 02:30 AM   #1079
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
Just ordered 3.0d MSport to replace my X5. Delivery September which is very good.

Added
Prof Nav
Adaptive LEd headlamps
BMW speakers
Folding mirrors
VDC
Sun Protection glass
Split seats
Rev camera
Lumbar
Enhanced Bluetooth

Looking forward to getting back to the X3 as found the X5 a bit large.
Blimey that's almost identical to mine!
Have you got the adaptive LEDs? If so how good are they ?? BMW video about them looks impressive
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 02:43 AM   #1080
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
Have you got the adaptive LEDs? If so how good are they ?? BMW video about them looks impressive
Yes only used them a couple of times at night but yes they are very impressive and a definite level above xenons.

There's a few pictures of mine here

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1117991
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 07:26 AM   #1081
cc3
Major
Rep

Looks really nice!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 07:48 AM   #1082
cc3
Major
Rep

Just had build week confirmed as 17 August so delivery end Sept but dealer says some cars may come forward. Anyone know if the factory closes for a summer break?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 10:05 AM   #1083
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

I believe that the factory closes for maintenance for about a week at the end of June/beginning of July. The timing coincides with a US bank holiday.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 01:32 PM   #1084
stuartdj
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d X Line

CC3 when did you order....? I ordered first week in March and have got a September build. The weeks are passing real slow just now!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #1085
cc3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartdj
CC3 when did you order....? I ordered first week in March and have got a September build. The weeks are passing real slow just now!
First week of May. I think it just comes down to what build slots dealers have. Also 2.0d is far harder to obtain. I have ordered 30d MSport
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #1086
dabb1er
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartdj View Post
Stuartdj - what dealer did you order through?

I placed an order for a 30d M-Sport with a very northerly dealer back in mid April and now that I question build date he is saying that no build weeks have been allocated to my order yet (original estimated delivery date on order was 12/9 but donīt expect that to materialise).

I have since asked how many orders are ahead of me and how many slots the dealership get a month just so I can estimate the wait (waiting for an answer).

If only we could get accurate estimates when ordering then no false expectations would be made!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 01:46 AM   #1087
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabb1er View Post

I placed an order for a 30d M-Sport with a very northerly dealer back in mid April and now that I question build date he is saying that no build weeks have been allocated to my order yet (original estimated delivery date on order was 12/9 but donīt expect that to materialise).

I have since asked how many orders are ahead of me and how many slots the dealership get a month just so I can estimate the wait (waiting for an answer).

If only we could get accurate estimates when ordering then no false expectations would be made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabb1er View Post

IF your dealer has a confirmed slot then he should be able at the point of order give you an estimated build week and delivery week from the BMW online order system

Before I even ordered mine I was told how long it would take and once the order was placed it was very accurate, and although it subsequently slipped the dealer was pretty spot on throughout.. Frustrating for me though !

IF your dealer is hedging his bets and doesn't have a confirmed slot then I'd imagine his answers would be vague

If you have a BMW factory order number then the car is in the system and any bmw dealer can bring it up on the screen and see where it is upto and expected delivery/build dates.

If you are close enough go in stand next to him and get him to bring it up on the screen

If he won't then that will tell you that they haven't placed the order yet with the factory and are holding your deposit pending them finding you a slot

As I understand it .. 30d's are four/five months and 20d's still hard to get at eight/nine months

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #1088
Flipflop99
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 LCI 2.0d SE Auto

I agree with Andy (although I know we ordered from same dealer). I ordered (2.0d) on the last week in January 2015 and was told immediately that I would not see the car until August at the earliest. I was told this before we even went down the options route so that I had plenty of time to say something like "no I'll have a disco sport instead thanks".

It still irks me massively that U.S. Buyers get theirs so quickly and we are made to wait. Whoever agreed this system in BMW group needs a good kick up the ars*! Maybe the director of BMW Europe is just weak and sits in meetings and just goes along with whatever the BMW North America director wants. Hey ho, only two months left.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:39 PM   #1089
dabb1er
Rep
Drives: X3

OK - spoke with the dealer and its bad news.

Basically they have no slots so I am in the queue somewhere. The business side (who I am dealing with) have 5 orders in the same situation as me.

I have asked how many orders the dealership have for the X3 and where I am in the queue just to get some sense of the wait.

If only it was 4/5 months for a 30d order - I would be comfortable with that. The problem is I have no idea how many months I will have to wait to get a build slot allocated.

So its sit and wait to find out where I am in the queue and if its too long decide whether to switch dealer (I did get a good deal so will cost me).

Decisions......
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #1090
Flipflop99
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 LCI 2.0d SE Auto

dabb1er, I'm not sure you're being given correct info from your dealer. When you order and pay your Ģ1000 deposit, the order is pushed to the factory in South Carolina. Within around two days of this, you should get a build date and an estimated (can never be guaranteed due to shipping) delivery date.

I wonder what your dealer is doing as if they have no allocated build slots then you're at the back of the queue which means an 8 month wait. I wonder if they are not telling you as they don't want you going elsewhere. The only way to beat the queue is to find a dealer with build slots. At least that's how I understand it to work. Did you know the new new X3 comes out in 2016?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #1091
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Haha you are both hilarious... actually their calling card is much more impressive..
Just been looking back at this thread... 4 years has gone so quickly!! Sadly looks like I will be joining a new clan and buying an Outlander PHEV next so I get to keep more of my money...

Wow what a car this X3 was though... almost perfect.. Not one fault or rattle!
Appreciate 0