BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Question Zaino Car Wash

I see plenty of people here fans of Zaino.

I have used Meguairs Gold Class forever and love it.

How does it compare to Megs gold class? And if Zaino is better, what Zaino car wash do I need to get?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

I have no experience with Meguairs Gold Class and who knows that could be the best.

You dont need Zaino products if you just want to wash the car, use any car shampoo.

What I wanted was a product which is easy to use, does not require expertise, does not require special buffing tools, it seals the paint and is long lasting. I got it all in Zaino products.

1. To remove original wax before starting new polish, you need Dawn concentrate
2. To clay, you can use any available product, no need to use Zaino
3. To prepare the car body after clay / wash, you need Z-AIO
4. For polishing you need Z2 for light colored cars and Z5 for dark colored cars
5. If you want extra shine with polish, you can do multiple coats of Z2 or Z5 mixed with ZFX (accelerator)
6. You need Z6 for cleaning after every stage like base preparation, polishing stages
7. After polish, you need to seal the paint, use Z-CS
And obviously give a wash of Z6 again.

No doubts, you need many bottles but they contain liquid polish which can be easily applied, dried and cured and easily buffed with a cotton towel lightly to get instant shine.

People have done two coats of Z5 and 1 coat of Z2 to get extra shine. Its individual's preference. To start with, just go for one coat and see the results.

Some people use Z-AIO and Z-CS, thats it. Its upto individuals taste. Some do not like too much glossy finish whetreas some like that.

Last edited by April1; 05-01-2012 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

As far as specifically the wash, I think Zaino has just one. I don't really know whether that wash is significantly different than any other quality wash, but since I use Zaino products I chose their wash making the assumption that it would have been developed or selected and tested not to strip off the Zaino I'd just applied. Works well in my experience. Good lather, cleans well, no residue, dries well, and the Zaino seems to stay. I've used the Meguairs before and it seems very similar to me.

As above, I use Z-AIO, followed by two coats of Z-2 with Z-6 in between. Allowing time to cure I follow with Z-CS and then use Z-8 after washes (except Winter when I'm using the touch less auto washes). That approach lasted me from early Fall to now. About to repeat. Road grime and bugs wash off easily, drying is a snap, and rain showers seem to leave the car looking better.

Last edited by Nahoa; 05-02-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Appreciate 0