BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20i M Sport

Extended Luggage and dirver's glovebox (uk)

Hi, Is the driver's glovebox standard, an option or not even available in the UK ?
Seen / heard a number of views that differ from the uk configurator. E.g. its suggested that you get the driver's glovebox and rear cup holders and also extra power points front and rear with the Extended Luggage. Anyone have a positive list of what you get with this?

Thanks, Max3.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

I have this pack on my order, not really sure what you get, it will be a surprise !!
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I dont mind nice surprises.
I was marginal on this package, but if it is the only way to get a driver's glovebox which I assumed standard, plus extra power for the kids gadgets then with the other stuff its probably worth adding.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

I use the driver glovebox in my 520d and when I noticed it missing during the test drive assumed it was part of pre-production models!?! Hope is included and guess I will find out tomorrow!

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e 2018

I have ordered the Extended Storage package, but have a long wait to find out your answer (Oct).
When you say Drivers Glove Box, where about is it? Underneath steering column?

Also as far as I know you only get the rear cup holders in the rear arm rest if you order Extended Storage package.

Previous: 2011 X3 2.0d xLine
Previous: 2015 X3 LCI 3.0d xLine
Current: 2018 530e 2L M-Sport I-Performance
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingOne View Post
When you say Drivers Glove Box, where about is it? Underneath steering column?
For UK cars to the right of the steering wheel below the light controls (big enough for sunglasses case)

See picture below (left hand drive)

Name:  2011-BMW-X3-interior.jpg
Views: 3035
Size:  168.4 KB

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
For UK cars to the right of the steering wheel below the light controls (big enough for sunglasses case)
Cool, my current car has the sun glasses holder in place of the drivers grab handle, so I was wondering what I was going to do in the X3.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Cool, my current car has the sun glasses holder in place of the drivers grab handle, so I was wondering what I was going to do in the X3.
Dont get too excited as I dont think either of us will be getting this

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #9
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I use the driver glovebox in my 520d and when I noticed it missing during the test drive assumed it was part of pre-production models!?! Hope is included and guess I will find out tomorrow!
Let us know. My dealer wasnt sure. His demo doesnt have so he said it could be due to being pre-production models. And the web site does'nt mention, but we know it exits, but for what markets!!? If BMW want to strip everything out that makes it a premium car, then bloody well reduce the price and make a decent job of informing us whats needs adding back in!

But if anyone knows please advise, thanks. Max3
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #10
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Sfax, put us out of our misery, have you got the driver glove box?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Sorry boys. No driver side glove box (I can see where it could go if ordered). No rear seat cup holders either. Now I'm back to thinking why didn't I go for extended storage again. My dealer didn't even mention it and I just missed it TBH. There will always be regrets....

Not sure on extra plug sockets though. I have an extra 12V socket in the boot. Or do you get more than this with extended?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #12
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sfax, put us out of our misery, have you got the driver glove box?
I don't think sfax bought the Extended Storage Package, but I could be wrong. Plus it would be interesting whats in the space in his X3, I'm guessing a lump of plastic.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #13
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

i did ask the dealer re the rear cup holders but as usual he said it was not available.. i could have swore i saw them in the demo car...
      04-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

My money is on 'not included in the UK as standard' but as you say sfax tell us the score?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #15
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
My money is on 'not included in the UK as standard' but as you say sfax tell us the score?
Did you spend 3 minutes typing this or did you miss my post?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude00 View Post
i did ask the dealer re the rear cup holders but as usual he said it was not available.. i could have swore i saw them in the demo car...
Storage concept.

From cool music to hot coffee, all your favourite things find a place in your BMW X3. Thanks to its intelligent storage concept, you know exactly where to find your umbrella, your sunglasses or your ice-scraper when you need them. And in the meantime, they are safely stowed.

The BMW X3 has a place for everything. For example, for 1.5 litre water bottles, which slip effortlessly into the front door pockets. Sunglasses, wallets and mobile phones find a perfect spot in the compartment under the armrest, while the extra-large coffee-to-go fits perfectly in the cupholder in the central console – without impeding your access to the gear select lever or iDrive.

For even more convenient and clever storage solutions, the extended storage package features a number of luggage nets, extra compartments, and two additional cup holders in the rear central armrest.

Or is this more quotes of crap info.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Storage concept.

From cool music to hot coffee, all your favourite things find a place in your BMW X3. Thanks to its intelligent storage concept, you know exactly where to find your umbrella, your sunglasses or your ice-scraper when you need them. And in the meantime, they are safely stowed.

The BMW X3 has a place for everything. For example, for 1.5 litre water bottles, which slip effortlessly into the front door pockets. Sunglasses, wallets and mobile phones find a perfect spot in the compartment under the armrest, while the extra-large coffee-to-go fits perfectly in the cupholder in the central console – without impeding your access to the gear select lever or iDrive.

For even more convenient and clever storage solutions, the extended storage package features a number of luggage nets, extra compartments, and two additional cup holders in the rear central armrest.
Are you suggesting that the dealer in question hadn't even read the brochure for the car he was selling? I won't hear talk like that. They are good, honest, hard working, diligent people.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #18
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Are you suggesting that the dealer in question hadn't even read the brochure for the car he was selling? I won't hear talk like that. They are good, honest, hard working, diligent people.
I agree and will look forward to using my electric sports seats tomorrow as per the brochure

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #19
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

I dont think I hit F5 but meantime went to sort the kidz out so my post log was out of date
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #20
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I agree and will look forward to using my electric sports seats tomorrow as per the brochure
They have now updated the congfig description. However the dealer better take note of my shocked look when I ask where the electric sports seats buttons are! And then I'll be asking BMW what they are going to do about it.

Anyway looks like I'll need to be adding the extended storage.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
JordanWindebank
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 20d (2011)

I feel like I constantly repeat myself sorry everyone, but does anyone know what is required to get the additional storage options in Aus please?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #22
Dobs
Rep
Drives: F25 xdrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Sorry boys. No driver side glove box (I can see where it could go if ordered). No rear seat cup holders either. Now I'm back to thinking why didn't I go for extended storage again. My dealer didn't even mention it and I just missed it TBH. There will always be regrets....

Not sure on extra plug sockets though. I have an extra 12V socket in the boot. Or do you get more than this with extended?
I have a 12v socket in the rear passenger comp, just below the rear vents (not sure if that's standard or part of the storage pack). Anyway other storage pack features I have - Net on lhs of boot (very useful), boot floor rails with a set of 4 hooks (not used yet), bag hooks (very useful), folding box (not used yet and prob wont - had one in the Merc and didn't), Large elastic securing net, securing strap on rhs (useful), Driver side small glovebox (very useful), Passenger side footwell net (not used yet), Seat back nets (good for kids but a bit small), Cup holders in rear armrest (kids love them, good for long journeys from experience).

That all i've found so far! Re comments on electric sports seats. I definitely did not order full electric, expected electric height and backrest but got full memory seats. IMO electric (part also) is essential if you have more than one driver (i often like to change my seat position with doing so many miles actually). Instead of the daft BM height adjustment - why can't they have a ratchet like everyone else?
Appreciate 0