BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #45
BMWLVX
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d

If anyone on Mac is using Parallels, you may encounter a problem when trying to connect to your X3. I resolved this issue by opening "Virtual Machine>Configure…>Hardware>Network 1" and set it to Ethernet. The default was "Shared Network" which didn't work. This was the only way I could get the Connection via VIN to work.

Once connected, I followed the instructions given by April1 and was able to code the following on my X3 2.0d 02/2012 (Europe):

Quote:
3000 HMI, 78:

EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID (Power/Torque meters that appear under Vehicle Information and the Sport popup visual as a selectable item.)
CONNECTED_DRIVE (I see this as the container for the "online browser" stuff so I'd enable this either before or at the same time as enabling them.)
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN (Video In Motion Part 1)
SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX (Video In Motion Part 2 – the handbrake option was already disabled)

Quote:
3003 TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE, 50:

ONLINE_BROWSER
(This shows up under ConnectedDrive menu as "Internet" as is a web browser)
ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE (This shows up under ConnectedDive menu as "BMW Live" and will ask you to enter your location. I entered "Other Country" so I think I was limited with the options I received in here: News, Weather, Settings. Other country settings may give you more.)
I was able to connect to the Online stuff with an iPhone using tethered bluetooth internet. Live asked me to register using an email address but I just skipped this step. I probably won't use the online stuff that much, but good to know that it's in there and BMW want to charge you a small fee to enable it.

I saw another option that makes me wonder if video over USB is disabled and can be enabled. This is the one:

CDMM_USB_VIDEO
Kommentar=Switch for the video buttons in the new Audioplayer HMI (CR7752)
The values are "none", "first_usb", "second_usb", "both". Currently it's set to "none".

The option above this one is:

CDMM_USB_HMI
Kommentar=Switch for the new Audioplayer HMI (CR7752)
The values are "new" and "old". It's set to "new".

Can anyone shed some light on these for me? Google turns up nothing.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #46
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLVX View Post
...I saw another option that makes me wonder if video over USB is disabled and can be enabled. This is the one:

CDMM_USB_VIDEO
Kommentar=Switch for the video buttons in the new Audioplayer HMI (CR7752)
The values are "none", "first_usb", "second_usb", "both". Currently it's set to "none".

The option above this one is:

CDMM_USB_HMI
Kommentar=Switch for the new Audioplayer HMI (CR7752)
The values are "new" and "old". It's set to "new".

Can anyone shed some light on these for me? Google turns up nothing.
To get video, the 6FL USB AUX-In Port needs to be switched with a USB AV-In Port, and then a Video connection made from it to the CIC. I'm not sure if after than 6NR is still needed, but if it is, the FSC Code needs to be obtained and programmed into the CIC which is several hundred dollars.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #47
BMWLVX
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
To get video, the 6FL USB AUX-In Port needs to be switched with a USB AV-In Port, and then a Video connection made from it to the CIC. I'm not sure if after than 6NR is still needed, but if it is, the FSC Code needs to be obtained and programmed into the CIC which is several hundred dollars.
Damn to that anyway. I may enable it anyway to see if it does anything.
This is what I don't get. We know the iPhone can pass audio and album art to the CIC over USB. Why not video? Why the need for a replacement USB port?

Last edited by BMWLVX; 07-18-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #48
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
....I was able to connect to the Online stuff with an iPhone using tethered bluetooth internet....
Did you check that after establishing internet over bluetooth, you continue to get BMW Assist? Are you able to send google map locations to Nav? Are you able to use BMW Remote?

I am asking this cause I read it somewhere that making internet available this way will disable BMW Assist? Hope that is not right.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #49
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Did you check that after establishing internet over bluetooth, you continue to get BMW Assist? Are you able to send google map locations to Nav?

I am asking this cause I read it somewhere that making internet available this way will disable BMW Assist? Hope that is not right.
You can not have BMW Live and BMW Assist simultaneously. They can not coexist. BMW Live is slightly better in that you gain Web Browser, Google Street View, and Google Panoramio, but because you loose BMW Assist, with that you lose MyInfo and with that the ability to send maps to the car.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #50
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You can not have BMW Live and BMW Assist simultaneously. They can not coexist. BMW Live is slightly better in that you gain Web Browser, Google Street View, and Google Panoramio, but because you loose BMW Assist, with that you lose MyInfo and with that the ability to send maps to the car.
Exactly, that was my understanding too. Also if one wants to revert back, one has to contact BMW to reactivate.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #51
jdg857
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 XDrive 35d

It works!

I was successful last night coding the wish list I had put together. It was exciting.

Thanks to April1 and others for all the work. There are many more items to explore in there... I just need more time.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #52
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg857 View Post
I was successful last night coding the wish list I had put together. It was exciting.

Thanks to April1 and others for all the work. There are many more items to explore in there... I just need more time.
Did you use the Copy_CAF and Setup utilities?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #53
BMWLVX
Private
Rep

Quote:
Did you check that after establishing internet over bluetooth, you continue to get BMW Assist? Are you able to send google map locations to Nav? Are you able to use BMW Remote?

I didn't have BMW Assist to begin with so this wasn't a factor for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #54
alexg62
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i M-Sport

I'm not into coding yet, but may decide to try it out if someone could find out if there an option to turn WeatherBand. BMW used to have this available in X3, but it seems to be no longer there in 2013 models.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #55
BMWs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
I didn't have BMW Assist to begin with so this wasn't a factor for me.
Do you have NAV? I don't have NAV or BMW Assist so not sure if I can activate. Still trying to install Esys Program so can't try yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #56
jdg857
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Did you use the Copy_CAF and Setup utilities?
I did use the copy_CAF and it works great. I didn't use the setup utility. The cable is very nice and works great. thanks. I am running windows 7 home premium and had trouble with the ZGW search, but was able to link up without it.

Right now I am putting all the functions from the CAF folder into a spreadsheet. I plan on looking at all the cafd files and want to eventually input all the functions on the spreadsheet. I don't know how useful it will be, but for some reason I just want a list of everything.

There were two anomalies that i found for the KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB and the KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA to get them to work the settings were activ / Werte=00.

TPMS psi and temp not working, just showing dashes.

Power and Torque meters working but in KW and Nm, even after changing the settings in BKOMBI. There must be another setting that needs to change.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #57
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did use the copy_CAF and it works great. I didn't use the setup utility. The cable is very nice and works great. thanks. I am running windows 7 home premium and had trouble with the ZGW search, but was able to link up without it.

Right now I am putting all the functions from the CAF folder into a spreadsheet. I plan on looking at all the cafd files and want to eventually input all the functions on the spreadsheet. I don't know how useful it will be, but for some reason I just want a list of everything.

There were two anomalies that i found for the KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB and the KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA to get them to work the settings were activ / Werte=00.

TPMS psi and temp not working, just showing dashes.

Power and Torque meters working but in KW and Nm, even after changing the settings in BKOMBI. There must be another setting that needs to change.
Copy_CAF_v2 is very useful and handy utility to keep backups. Use it whenever you cahnge the caf files.

ZGW search gives problem on Win 7, try to use following winsock utility, it might fix your issue.

TPMS will shw dashes when the car is stationary but will pickup values when you drive for a while.

Anyway, you are doing great. Congrats. Be careful, change only one function at a time, so that you can revert back if found not working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WINSCK_ERROR.zip (325 Bytes, 734 views)

Last edited by April1; 07-19-2012 at 09:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #58
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2.0d Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgx3 View Post
I read the F25 cheat sheet codes and didn't see one for setting the Parking Ventilation. As of now the option is greyed out and can't be selected. Maybe Am I just ignorant? I can set the two timers. Thanks.
Do you try to set it on with the engine on? Try it again with the engine off.

That should do the trick, no coding needed.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #59
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2.0d Mineral Silver

April 1, you're my hero. I think I'll wait for the service that is in next couple of months and then will start trying....
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #60
BMWs
Private
United_States
Rep

I'm having trouble running the setup bat file. This is the file structure April1 told me to use:

BMWInstall will have 2 sub folders and two files:

2_46.3 psdzdata
E-Sys_3.18.4
EDIABAS.INI
Setup_3.18.4.v2.bat

2_46.3 psdzdata folder will have 7 sub folders

E-Sys_3.18.4 will have two sub folders and a file:

EST
E-sys 3.18.4 (IS THIS THE .EXE FILE OR FOLDER?)
E-Sys 3.18.nfo

Also where does the EDIABAS folder go? Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #61
jdg857
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWs View Post
I'm having trouble running the setup bat file. This is the file structure April1 told me to use:

BMWInstall will have 2 sub folders and two files:

2_46.3 psdzdata
E-Sys_3.18.4
EDIABAS.INI
Setup_3.18.4.v2.bat

2_46.3 psdzdata folder will have 7 sub folders

E-Sys_3.18.4 will have two sub folders and a file:

EST
E-sys 3.18.4 (IS THIS THE .EXE FILE OR FOLDER?)
E-Sys 3.18.nfo

Also where does the EDIABAS folder go? Any help would be appreciated!
EDIABAS goes into C:\EDIABAS, make sure the C:\EDIABAS\BIN\EDIABAS.ini is set to interface = ENET
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #62
BMWs
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks, I moved EDIABAS file. Any comments on the other questions or why batch file won't run? I have the folders named correctly.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #63
jdg857
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Copy_CAF_v2 is very useful and handy utility to keep backups. Use it whenever you cahnge the caf files.

ZGW search gives problem on Win 7, try to use following winsock utility, it might fix your issue.

TPMS will shw dashes when the car is stationary but will pickup values when you drive for a while.

Anyway, you are doing great. Congrats. Be careful, change only one function at a time, so that you can revert back if found not working.
the winsock utility didn't solve the issue. the error says "Component MSWINSCK.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #64
BMWLVX
Private
Rep

So I enabled CDMM_USB_VIDEO to "both" and what I got was this video icon appearing in the player menu and I was able to browse my iPhone for Movies, Video Podcasts, etc. No video from it, just sound. So as Shawn pointed out, a cable is required to go from the replaced AV USB port to the CIC unit. Not that I ever doubted him of course

EDIT: I don't suppose adding a media snap-in adapter is going to magically make the video appear?

Last edited by BMWLVX; 07-19-2012 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #65
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So I enabled CDMM_USB_VIDEO to "both" and what I got was this video icon appearing in the player menu and I was able to browse my iPhone for Movies, Video Podcasts, etc. No video from it, just sound. So as Shawn pointed out, a cable is required to go from the replaced AV USB port to the CIC unit. Not that I ever doubted him of course

EDIT: I don't suppose adding a media snap-in adapter is going to magically make the video appear?
For the same reason, dealers don't install BMApps later if you had not ordered it. Laying that extra piece of cable seems to be a difficult task.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #66
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
the winsock utility didn't solve the issue. the error says "Component MSWINSCK.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". thanks for your help.
MSWINSCK assembly is a 32 bit dll and will not run on 64 bit system. I gave you a utility to get it registered on 32 bits system . Some have expressed that utility worked for them.
Appreciate 0