BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-28-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
SpeedBuggy
Comfortably Numb
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 x1/'13 X3/'06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i   [0.00]
UPDATE REPAIRED: Headlights not working in Automatic Mode

Just rolled into the garage with our new to us '13 X3 xDrive 35i with the headlights in the auto mode and illuminated. Shut off the car and off into the house for dinner. Back out to the garage to set radio presets and program the garage door opener. Started the car to pull out of the garage (it's now dark out), headlights are not coming on in auto mode, only the angel eyes (DRL's)

Any thoughts, did I unknowingly change a setting to eliminate the auto mode or possibly something has failed. Can't believe there is a setting for this.

Update: What is really strange is my wife is driving the vehicle today, sun shinning brightly and the headlights are on with the switch in the Auto Mode. After I posted this last night, I did go back out and restarted the car thinking something would reset but to no avail. In the Auto Mode still no headlights, but if you turned on/off the fog lights the headlights would turn on and off. The windshield was replaced as part of our purchased, replaced with a BMW windshield, wandering if the sensor is located somewhere in the vicinity of the windshield and was damaged.

Did talk to our dealer this morning and they seem a bit stumped also. Dealer is going to pick up the vehicle next week to review.

Did get the X3 into the dealer and found the Rain Sensor (RAIN/LIGHT/SOLAR/CONDENSATION SENSOR) to be defective. Replaced under warranty and all good now. Also had the AUTO START/STOP reversed. 2013 is the only year that does not remain deactivated when switched off. Dealer can perform a one time only reversal under warranty that allows the option to remain deactivated. Can be activated with the on/off switch if needed.

Last edited by SpeedBuggy; 08-09-2016 at 08:01 PM..
Appreciate 0