BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-30-2011, 06:03 AM   #45
Spitfire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

juddholland: At least you got a loaner, I get the shuttle. Good times.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #46
Spitfire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Went to the dealership, I was told it's a software issue. BMW will have a update mid May.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #47
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
Still don't have my car back. They're waiting for some more parts to be shipped in from Germany. It's been about a week, and I'm growing impatient. If I get the car back and the issue comes back with it, I will demand a new one at the front of the queue, free-of-charge. I have ZERO patience for this.
judd, Hope they get your X3 fixed ASAP. Please demand a detailed accounting of what they changed, and post it for us. Sounds like they may actually have some idea of what the specific problem is, although you never know if they really do, or are just taking a stab in the dark hoping that switching some parts will cure the issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #48
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Went to the dealership, I was told it's a software issue. BMW will have a update mid May.
Yeah I'm just going to let the dealership try to justify why they needed to keep my car for a week+ to fix this, when BMWNA has issued an unofficial statement that, in fact, it is only a software issue. However, on a nearly completely electrically assisted vehicle, software issues could become responsible for electrical problems which could be hazardous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
judd, Hope they get your X3 fixed ASAP. Please demand a detailed accounting of what they changed, and post it for us. Sounds like they may actually have some idea of what the specific problem is, although you never know if they really do, or are just taking a stab in the dark hoping that switching some parts will cure the issue.
I am going to request that I see and receive a copy of each and every single email, phone call transcript, service history list, diagnostics test, and digital exchange of information regarding my vehicle and this problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #49
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Not to defend them in any way, but it appears that now they are at least trying to correct the problem and not just "brushing you off' until BMW issues a TSB on the issue. The factory engineers certainly don't want chronic problems to impact their image of selling a product with superior engineering. The problem is always having to cope with the dealership contact (Service Advisor) who, in my experience is usually not as well informed about the cars as he/she should be.

Maybe when you return to pick up the X3 you should walk in carrying a 33" Louisville Slugger to underline the seriousness of the situation.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #50
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Not to defend them in any way, but it appears that now they are at least trying to correct the problem and not just "brushing you off' until BMW issues a TSB on the issue. The factory engineers certainly don't want chronic problems to impact their image of selling a product with superior engineering. The problem is always having to cope with the dealership contact (Service Advisor) who, in my experience is usually not as well informed about the cars as he/she should be.

Maybe when you return to pick up the X3 you should walk in carrying a 33" Louisville Slugger to underline the seriousness of the situation.
It's not that big of a deal, but this is the third car I've ordered with this dealership, on top of almost a dozen referrals over the past 5 years.

For example, I went in to get the nav code for my loaner (because the service department is lazy) so I could use it, because I'm planning on venturing into the far suburbs before my car is to be returned to me, and nobody in the service department could find it; they all dismissed the idea, saying that we have to order the code, but the car came with nav, so obviously they have it in the system at the dealership. I was pissed and I knew they were full of it, so I went to my sales associate and had a word with him about the incompetence of the service workers. He thought it was ridiculous that they didn't know where it was, so he called the department head, and he said that it was in the system and it would take three minutes to find it. He gave me the code and I went on my way.

I've had several experiences like this, the only reason I stay with them is because of my sales associate and the great deals he makes with me. My car was not cheap, and it's not even two months old, so you can imagine my discontent at the fact that there is a problem with it already, one that could be very dangerous if not handled appropriately.

It's not BMWNA's fault or BMWAG's fault, but the fact that I have to call the "big boys" over at BMW Corporate to make the dealership take proper action--it doesn't bode very well for the dealership, and it makes me feel stupid because I'm allowing servicemen to belittle my intelligence in that I am finding I know much more about my car and its composition than most of them, yet allowing them to keep my car, gathering dust upstairs in the garage, only to find out that the dealership did not properly repair the car despite the clear and tactful directions from BMW Corporate.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #51
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

thx spitfire!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #52
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

THEY STILL HAVE MY CAR. I'm really angry with them now. My SA is out for the day, as he is every thursday, but tomorrow I'll have a word with him. I'm setting up a meeting with all who have come within a ten foot radius of my car, all who have seen, sent, or received emails referring to my car, and those who have benefitted from any influx of dollars of and from my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #53
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

juddholland-this is terrible. i think you're wise to have to have a little "sit-down" with them so that you can ask them what the long-term solution is. will keep fingers crossed for you. let us know what happens.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #54
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Oil Level Sensor Malfunction

My car is only at its 3,000km and the Oil Level Sensor has turned on once yesterday. Should I contact the service for this?
Shaw
Appreciate 0