BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
PAT3L
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 323i E90 4 Door Sedan

BMW X3 Weird Exhaust Noise...

Hey, back again with yet another issue with my BMW X3 2013. So I recently got my BMW serviced because the thermostat wasn't functioning properly they replaced the thermostat and the heat exchanger but now i've noticed a new development... So when I turn on the BMW (mostly in cold weather) to warm it up, I noticed that after start up, anywhere from 10 seconds - 2 minutes theres a huge pop sound, like very loud and was wondering why this is, its been more frequent lately, before it would only occur here and there now its almost each time. Usually only happens either first start up of the day or when the cars been sitting in the cold for 5+ hours.

I really appreciate all the help and input from the forum community and once again I thank you all in advance .
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
Iowa X3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i

This happens to mine also in the same conditions you describe. Very cold mornings, first start up of the day, just a quick pop. Not sure what the cause is but not too worried about it either.
Appreciate 1
PAT3L6.50
      11-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #3
Merlin82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 Xdrive35i

Mine is making the same noise. I dont remember it doing it last winter, but as others have said, it does it shortly after starting it if its parked outside in the cold. Wasnt sure if it maybe had something to do with the new plugs i put in or something.
Appreciate 0