BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
X3Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 35i - %E2%80%9821 X3 M4

Lumbar adjustment not staying inflated...

Anyone else having an issue with their lumbar seat adjustment immediately deflating after adjustment?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
RichardBR
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 30D Msport DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3Bimmer View Post
Anyone else having an issue with their lumbar seat adjustment immediately deflating after adjustment?
Sounds like a puncture. I'd take it to the dealer...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
M Crisler
2013 X3 xDrive28i, M Pkg, Space Gray with Chestnut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 xDrive28i

I had the exact same problem on my 2013 X3. I took it into the dealership and was given a line of crap and told that the X3's lumbar was supposed to automatically reset every time I got back in the car. Really...? I wasn't really happy with that answer so I made a post on here and a few people tested their lumbar and my service department was in fact wrong. Once you set the lumbar, it should stay in place unless you reset it. So I sent the tread from here into the manager of the service department (my old serve advisor) and I took it back in to them. There was a leak in my drivers side lumbar and they repaired it. The bad part of this story is that I have had this problem over and over. I have had the car for 1 year the end of this month. I have had it in the shop for this problem (3 times for drivers side and 1 time for passenger side). For now, it is fixed. It has been a huge hassle and time waster. I honestly think that they reinstalled my drivers side lumbar bladders (there are 2 in each seat) a little off. The lower lumbar bladder inflates more towards the middle of my back, but I digress. I got tired of taking it in. I finally have it set where it is comfortable, so for now I will let it go unless it starts to leak again.

Definitely take it back in and have them check it out. You are not alone.
Appreciate 0