BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Botwin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 WRX Limited

2012 resale value

Now that I have just above 70k miles, it is time to look for something new. I don't want to get stuck paying big $ for the services and repairs that are needed on a higher mileage vehicle.

I am also *very* tired of the non linear throttle response and the hesitation. (Yes, both software updates were performed and I think it is actually worse after the second one...)

Other than high mileage, the car is immaculate. The tires are reasonably new, but it is almost ready for brakes.

I have decided on the 2015 WRX..but have been getting horrible quotes on the trade in. (21 - 24k) Yes, I could sell it myself, but I would love to avoid the hassle. Furthermore, in this state there is about a 2k sales tax advantage if I trade in.

Do you think the X3 should fetch a better price for a trade? Mine has Sport, Nav, premium, and cold weather.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
flavius
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Gran Coupe

Did you check Kelly Blue Book? If the car is in excellent condition they rate it a little higher. You can ask the *SUB* sales guy to take a look at the site while you are there.
      04-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #3
dudley07726
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3

Garage List
2013 Mercedes Benz ...  [0.00]
2012 X3  [0.00]
Galves in what the dealers use, not kelly Blue Book. Galves shows the price of the auto at the wholesale auctions. You can subscribe for 1 day on their site. That's the minimum you should be getting.
Appreciate 0