BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
wb47
Rep
Drives: N/A

Buying the X3 28i, Big Discounts?

Hey guys,

Since the N20s will soon replace the N52s, will I be able to get considerable discounts on the xDrive 28i with the N52s? I'm in Australia and am looking to buy around mid march.

Thank You.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Given the popularity of the two diesel models in Australia over the 28i (I've heard a number of 90% for the two diesels - don't know how true it is), I would expect you should be able to negotiate a larger percentage discount with the 28i. Just how much that will be I suspect will largely depend on whether you will be after a factory order or can find a suitable in-stock 28i. For a factory-ordered car - apart from competition between dealers - there probably wont be that much of an incentive for the dealer for discounts on the 28i.

On floor stock however I suspect the story will be very different. With all the BMW dealers I've been in over the last 6 months or so (well 4-5 to be fair), the only showroom X3s I have seen have been the 28i - all the diesels are out either been test-driven or are sold. This gives the dealers big incentives to move these cars.

This is where I would start if I was looking for big discounts.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
wb47
Rep
Drives: N/A

I really want my first BMW to be custom, so how long is the usual wait and how much do you think i could negotiate off (%) on a fully optioned X3 28i?

Also looks like it's the xDrive20i, coming next month:
http://www.bmw.com.au/com/en/insight...i-arrives.html
Thanks Again.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb47 View Post
Hey guys,

Since the N20s will soon replace the N52s, will I be able to get considerable discounts on the xDrive 28i with the N52s? I'm in Australia and am looking to buy around mid march.

Thank You.
You may want to read the previous thread in which you asked the same question:

When will the N20s come?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

wb47 - you say you are looking to buy around March/April. Is this when you plan to place an order or is it when you plan to take delivery of the car? The reason I say this is that if you plan to have the car by March/April, with the 3-6 month delivery time for Aussie-bound X3s (which appears to be heavily dependant on what production slots individual dealers have available), you really need to start to talk to dealers now.

And that is going to be the best way of quantifying what discounts may be around.

Tony
Appreciate 0