BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post BMW NA Launches First User Generated iAd for New X3

Press Release

Official Release: BMW of North America, LLC has today launched the first-ever user-generated iAD to promote the launch of the all-new BMW X3. iAd is Apple’s new mobile advertising network, reaching millions of iPhone and iPod touch users. The iAD’s focus is on BMW’s built-to-order program that allows customers to create an entirely customized BMW X3. The iAd, the primary mobile component of the X3’s marketing campaign, allows an individual to go from dreaming about a new custom-built X3 to having it delivered to their driveway in just a few weeks.

The X3 iAD, which was created by Dotglu, BMW’s Interactive & CRM Agency of Record, has three components: Dream It, Build It, Drive It.

“Dream It” Each dream was specially selected from hundreds of real submissions on the BMW USA Facebook page over the weeks leading up to the iAd’s launch – and represent how the X3 will impact people’s lives and how they wish to make it their own. The ‘shake’ feature on iPhone and iPod touch allows users to browse each dream and various X3 color options, or tap to read the entire story.

Users submit their dream, which can then be shared with the BMW community through the iAd.

“Build It” Here, users begin exploring some of the X3’s 70 million unique configurations on the iAd. Colors and wheels can be changed, as well as the vehicle’s angle. iPhone and iPod Touch users can even go inside and choose interior options, including a variety of trims and leathers. By swiping, one can change the X3’s environment from a cityscape to mountains, and more, emphasizing the X3’s versatility for various lifestyles. Each action used in the iAd is completely intuitive to the general functionality of the iPhone and iPod touch.

At any time, users can save their custom, all-new X3 as a background. This is the first time ever that a user can customize their own car using iPhone and iPod touch functionality and save it directly to the device.

“Drive It” Now it is time to get in the driver’s seat. To learn more about what’s in store, watch the all-new X3 in action by browsing video content and downloading images from a gallery of hi-res wallpapers.

Tap on each of the X3’s ‘hotspots’ to see model highlights such as its elegant interior design and product highlights such as the 8-speed automatic transmission.

Or locate a dealer to discuss the build that was already started from the iPhone or iPod touch. Simply use the GPS-enabled devises to find the nearest BMW center, or enter a preferred zip code. Users can even sign up and receive the latest news, model launch dates and more.

Once finished exploring the BMW X3 iAd, the user taps the close button and return to the app they were using, completely uninterrupted.

In 2004 BMW introduced a new concept to the market: the small, premium Sports Activity Vehicle with all-road capability and unparalleled driving dynamics. The first generation BMW X3 became a best seller and the new, second generation BMW X3 builds on the success of the original, now with significantly increased space, functionality, efficiency and driving comfort. The new BMW X3 was designed in California by BMW Group DesignWorksUSA and is produced at BMW’s Spartanburg, South Carolina plant. The all-new X3 will go on sale at US BMW centers in January 2011.

VIDEO DEMONSTRATION/PROMOTION:

Name:  iad.jpg
Views: 11503
Size:  130.9 KB

Name:  iad3.jpg
Views: 10206
Size:  140.0 KB

Name:  iad-4.jpg
Views: 10216
Size:  146.4 KB

Name:  iad-1.jpg
Views: 10136
Size:  133.1 KB

Name:  iad-2.jpg
Views: 9922
Size:  144.5 KB
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
kinan_sleiman2006
Lieutenant
Syria
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

i like this...yeah
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
I am thinking of getting an X3 for our daily car .... (also looking at Mercedes, Audi and Cadillac for same type/size vehicle. not in the order shown )

why only in January 2011?

Mercedes has the entire 2011 line in the showrooms now?

will BMW not lose sales?

I saw this morning on DW TV Channel (DW = Deutsche Welle) that BMW sales figures are down compared to the past and compared to Mercedes and Audi?

any ideas or comments? can it be due to the HPFP issues and the dreadful RFT?

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 11-06-2010 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: minor addition
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
///mmmKevin
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

I just bought an iPad yesterday and I really wanna see this ad pop up so I can play with it lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 01:29 AM   #5
numba1guju
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 VW Jetta

sorry find this iAD useless...how many times can you customize a car on your phone/ipad