BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-17-2024, 06:54 AM   #1
Abhi369
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35D F25

Question 27B900 and 244C00 Faults F25 X3 35D 2015 Xdrive

Hello all...

I recently bought a F25 X3 35d N57 which has 2 intermittent errors.

27B900: exhaust backpressure sensor before turbine, signal: deviation to calculated exhaust gas pressure too low and
244C00: Charging pressure Control, Charging pressure too low.

I have had it smoke pressure tested but it has no leaks. DPF is healthy and regenerating at regular intervals. The car isn't getting enough boost and when giving 30-40% acceleration, it says drivetrain train error and keeps going into limp mode. It did throw an Oxygen sensor error once but it did not come again after that one instant.

When the garage diagnosed it, it showed Exhaust Gas Pressure before Diesel Particulate Filter is constantly at 0.5 bar and no change whatsoever. He did change the turbo solenoid but it made no change. I did hear air leaking sound coming through the passenger side (UK) near the bumper area (near the big turbo area). He tried to fiddle with Exhaust back pressure sensor and found the sensor seems to be working and there's some pressure coming through in the hoses. (I did get another code when the sensor wasnt plugged in, saying open circuit. Once plugged in, it was fine.) But the former codes 27B900 and 244C00 are persistent. I am thinking it could be the pressure converters but I am not sure. Can you help me what could be the problem?
Appreciate 0