BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-05-2016, 04:34 PM   #1
Jazzster
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X4 M40i (Melbourne Red)

Sales Figures

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1257627

Yikes. Those X4 numbers look especially bad but I'm wondering if availability has something to do with it (?)

At least we'll always have exclusivity
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 10:34 PM   #2
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

X4's have been slow sellers since launch. It's a niche vehicle, but it's a fun niche. That's reflected in the lease residuals as well. for a '17 X4, they're at 53% currently for 36 months @ 10k miles/yr. 50% for 15k/yr. That's as bad as I've ever seen on a BMW.

If the X3's looks were a bit more palatable like the X1, maybe there wouldn't be a need for an X4, but until then, I'm glad there's a choice. I've never been a fan of the X3's boxy utilitarian looks (the 2nd gen is better - that first gen was awful).

No reason an SUV can't have some style.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 12:03 AM   #3
Jazzster
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X4 M40i (Melbourne Red)

I agree 100% about the fun niche and I love the idea of driving something different yet cool.

I also agree with your comments about the X3 but of course, looks and styling are very subjective. My wife and I never considered the X3 but were instantly drawn to the looks of the X4. We're more than happy to give up a little cargo space to get the athleticism and looks of the X4.

I guess I'm a little concerned though at the falling numbers of the X4, especially since it is still a relatively new vehicle. I would have thought the #'s would be higher, given that it is basically an affordable X6. One hopes we can continue to get parts and mods if the sales continue to be modest.

I've heard, however, that BMW US sales and rest of the world figures can be very different. As we all know, most Canadians and Americans wouldn't buy a wagon at gunpoint, but they sell like gangbusters in other parts of the world.

Hell, try explaining the beauty of a "Ute" to a non-Australian. Not easy!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #4
ahfa1987
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i Carbon Black

Yeah, as a new m40i owner i could care less what others think or feel about our ride. Everyone will have different preferences and things that work for them. I live in Toronto and here left right and center i see x3s and x5s, am I glad that i barley see x4s everywhere.. I personally wouldnt be driving a car that most ppl have and that I see it everywhere on the road, its just really never my thing. And same with x6, it has never been a big seller too if u compare it with the suvs.. Also even personally told by my bmw sales advisor, you are right availability does play a role. For sports vehicle, (x4,x6, and other M cars) bmw dont like to mass produce them because it is something special, they dont want to make it like their typical sellers (3 & 5 series). They produce very few of them because they want to ensure it is special in the public's eye therefore limiting and being very careful with their production rate. Anyways, thats enough me running my mouth.
'13 Mercedes Benz C-350 Opal Red GONE
'16 BMW x4 M40i Carbon Black W/ Mocha INT Current!
Appreciate 2