BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #89
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
SANK CH: Sorry if I was a bit confusing. You asked in a previous message if you were to get the 240/250 kw engine -about 340 bhp. You will not, but the 306 bhp engine.

I was a bit worried of that, but drove a X3 with the 306bhp, and the 8-speed. You always have the best possible torque/bhp, so it is impressive.

In the manual you supplied the other day, there is instructions how to use the Launch Control- if being challenged at a red light
Hi Tjalle, ok my fault too. By writing 240/250 kw I was referring to the M Performance Power Kit (aka MPPK) for the X4 35i. I agree the 35i engine is a very nice engine. I have it since 3 years in my X3, and had almost the same engine (N54) in the E91 335i during 3 years before I got the X3. However after 6 years driving 306 ponies, now I would not mind to have some more ponies under the hood.
I received today an email from my dealer, informing that whatever if the MPPK will makes 240 or 250kw, it will not change the CO2 value.

thanks for the the launch control, I haven't see it myself. Now I know how it will works. Not sure If I will use it a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jypsie View Post
So if I understand it correctly, European cars can not be tracked? We need to get the info from the dealer then.....

With all your experience now, is End October realistic (I hope so!) what is happening between 15/7 and 30/10? How long is production - shipment? Somebody knows when production for this type starts or should start?

Luckily I already got a German manual from Sank_CH, thanks again man!
Yes the only thing you can actually track is the production date. you can find it on bmwarchiv.de. VIN codes for non US cars 30d engine are:
0e93xxx to 0e94xxx. Put yours, if there is still no entry (generally it refers to old 5 series, until the code is replaced by a new X4) put a lower value until you find an X4 result. Then you can search for the latest one build today. And then you know how many cars 30d engine must be build until yours. After that it is quite complicated. If chance are with you, you can see it on the vessel by entering your vin code on the vessel company. But here again, I don't know how many days are between the car is build and the car is loaded on the vessel.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #90
Richi0303
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X4 35d

My X4 has finally arrived to Switzerland!! One of the first 35d model so far around here.
The pre-ordered perfomance parts (grill, Carbon rear spoiler) were delivered on the same day like my X4! That's timing!!!

Now I'm waiting for my wheels that I ordered a few weeks ago (22" ) But they will need at least two more weeks to be completed and painted. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #91
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Congrats Richi0303,

Have you already proceeded to pick up or is your x4 still at the dealer? Can't wait too see your pics. How many weeks between date of production and now?

Gruss
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #92
Richi0303
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Thanks Sank!

I don't know exactly how many weeks from order to production and to delivery. But it's almost 3 weeks earlier than estimated!

No it's still at the dealer, they have to prepare it and install the performance parts first and to find a solution to bring the license plate holder on that place where i want it :-)
Probably picking up next week,because this friday is a holiday in here
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #93
Yocal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X4 28i M Sport

22" wheels, wow. Can't wait to see those, will be quite the sight. Congratulations!

Close enough.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #94
Richi0303
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

@Yocal

Hopefully not! But the X4 with 21" (performance wheels) is still not squeezed to the good looking maximum ;-)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #95
Yocal
Private First Class
Rep

You can only order up to 20" with the X4 (here's mine). The only 21" wheels I've seen on the X4 was at the New York Auto Show (see here), which are not available to order with the X4).
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #96
Richi0303
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Yep I know...but the 21" are available as a performance part option.
I ordered mine with regular 18" wheels and I put winter tires on it...

On your second picture, great to see how the 21" wheels looks. Still place for one size bigger :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #97
Yocal
Private First Class
Rep

There must be zero potholes in Switzerland. Lucky you. What rims did you get, model number?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #98
Richi0303
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

What model number do you mean?
Rims will be 255/30R22 & 295/25R22 (for 9.5" / 11")
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #99
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richi0303 View Post
Thanks Sank!

I don't know exactly how many weeks from order to production and to delivery. But it's almost 3 weeks earlier than estimated!
Looks like there was less waiting time at Charleston harbour, and your car could take a sooner vessel. I would not mind if mine can take the vessel scheduled for this thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
22" wheels, wow. Can't wait to see those, will be quite the sight. Congratulations!

Close enough.
Are those the generation of run flat tires?????
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #100
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
There must be zero potholes in Switzerland. Lucky you.
No Yocal unfortunately our roads are in a pretty bad conditions. And our stu#ids politicians like to use the money from the road taxes for other purposes so called social purposes. Yesterday evening while driving back home on the highway. One very high clever person throw 1 pair of middle high heel shoes. At that time a lot of traffic, no much space between cars, the car in front of me drove on one shoe, the rear wheel throwed the shoes in the air, which met my X3. I was driving at 100km/h. Still a strange feelings to hit a shoe at that speed. And on the same highway within yesterday morning, my x3 was hit by 3 small stones (not sure that the word stones is correct as they are tiny ones). I just got my front windshield replaced one month ago due to stones damage.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #101
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

Great news yesterday! Apparently they first gave me the REQUESTED delivery date (based on the requested production date). No they got a confirmed production date which is 2 weeks earlier then first and a delivery date that is almost 4 weeks earlier so first week of October now in stead of last week....Man that makes a difference....
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 05:40 AM   #102
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
But it's almost 3 weeks earlier than estimated!
Quote:
Great news yesterday! Apparently they first gave me the REQUESTED delivery date (based on the requested production date). No they got a confirmed production date which is 2 weeks earlier then first and a delivery date that is almost 4 weeks earlier so first week of October now in stead of last week....Man that makes a difference....
By reading a French Forum yesterday, there are as well customers in France who got their X4s delivered 3-4 weeks sooner as expected

Makes me hope that mine may leave tomorrow USA with the vessel. I will ask my dealer tomorrow evening on production status, as I will take for the weekend a Grand Coupe 640i. That he kindly gives me.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 06:54 AM   #103
Richi0303
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
By reading a French Forum yesterday, there are as well customers in France who got their X4s delivered 3-4 weeks sooner as expected

Makes me hope that mine may leave tomorrow USA with the vessel. I will ask my dealer tomorrow evening on production status, as I will take for the weekend a Grand Coupe 640i. That he kindly gives me.
I really hopes that your ride is coming earlier as well! Enjoy your ride for the weekend! I drive a 650xi for 3 days now
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 12:41 AM   #104
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Enjoy your ride for the weekend! I drive a 650xi for 3 days now
I was wondering if there is a way to take those driver and front passenger seats out of the Grand Coupé and install it in the X4. By the way I should find alternative seats when I will give the Grand Coupe back on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 03:38 AM   #105
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Seems downloading the BMW Driver's Guide from the iTunes store is not possible in Belgium.....

Found a VIN of a car with english manuals and wanted to try to downlaod an english version. Somebody can help out on this?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 04:23 AM   #106
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Seems downloading the BMW Driver's Guide from the iTunes store is not possible in Belgium.....

Found a VIN of a car with english manuals and wanted to try to downlaod an english version. Somebody can help out on this?
Hi Jypsie,
I haven't tried to download the Driver's Guide on my tab lately. I have on my tab one in English from another VIN code, but it is not complete. The pdf file has a lot more information.
Beginning of this week, I typed my VIN code on bmw.com to check the Bluetooth compatibility, and the VIN code worked. It worked as well on bmw.ch. Today I could even enter my vin code on "mybmw" account on bmw.ch and then on my "ConnectedDrive" account too.
If you have an account "mybmw" on bmw.be you will be able to read the Driver's Guide. I did not searched if it was downloadable or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 04:32 AM   #107
TurboT
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: X4 30d

Or even better if somebody could upload it here, the English version.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #108
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

That would even be easier.
I am struggeling with finding where to download the driver's guide once logged on on my BMW in Belgium..... don't see it. Will try other possibilities As Sank_CH proposed, but if somebody would have an english version, it could help out a lot of curious people, and help them getting through the satanic long waiting period we have to face
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #109
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
That would even be easier.
I am struggeling with finding where to download the driver's guide once logged on on my BMW in Belgium..... don't see it. Will try other possibilities As Sank_CH proposed, but if somebody would have an english version, it could help out a lot of curious people, and help them getting through the satanic long waiting period we have to face
Hi Jypsie,

Under MyBmw (BMW Belgium) add the VIN code of your X4 under le link my car. Once done you will be able to see the configuration of your x4, and see as well the links to read the owner's guide.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 01:09 AM   #110
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

So on Thursday evening I took a 640ix Gran Coupe and gave my X3 for a Vanos fix. The Gran Coupe is gorgeous, funny to see all these heads turning while you pass them, or when they pass me.

I asked the productions status of my X4, and he printed me a paper with the code 165, which has been updated last time on August 12th. What I did not get now is: is the transfer by train from Spartanburg to Charleston part of the code 165 or not?
Still it is a better news that what I expected, And my car may be on the vessel to bremerhaven now.
Appreciate 0