BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #23
Ranger 6
Yorkshireman trapped in a Berkshire postcode
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M-Sport

Garage List
2008 BMW X3  [0.00]
Shame they won't do what VW have done. I've already driven the new Touareg 3 months before launch. VW UK got hold of some pre-production vehicles and let some Touareg forum members have a test session at Millbrook.

Yes, that is me driving it and no camouflage....
      06-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bora20 View Post
This isn't an issue in Canada or the USA where Tourings are extremely hard to find. If you can find one, it will be priced at $5-6K more than a current X3.

With the advent of the X1 coming over, I doubt we will see another 3-series touring again.

I am very happy with my current X3 and don't miss the "space" of the X5 or the extra 700lbs to haul around.
Are you talking about used ones? The new one is not hard to find, just order it and wait for two month and the price with all discounts you can get will be slightly below X3
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #25
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theride View Post
whats the difference between this and the old x3? they look the same to me minus different cut line in the front where the headlights are. It has the same awkward looking shape. but we will see.
The difference, it is becoming more soccer-mom transportation (like X5).
The styling is very conservative, which is not a bad thing may be, but choice of engines and transmissions sucks (at least how it stands now).
They will sell tons of them anyway..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #26
Bora20
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3 3.0si M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 View Post
Are you talking about used ones? The new one is not hard to find, just order it and wait for two month and the price with all discounts you can get will be slightly below X3
In western Canada a 3 series touring is like a unicorn. A full spec model is $57K brand new, where a full spec X3 is $51K.

Yes, you can always order one, but used they are very hard to find.
      06-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #27
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
In western Canada a 3 series touring is like a unicorn. A full spec model is $57K brand new, where a full spec X3 is $51K.

Yes, you can always order one, but used they are very hard to find.
Not many of them here in Toronto either. I've seen 2 of 3 on the road, except mine.
I like both X3 and E91.
Not sure what you mean full spec: with all options?
Starting price it the same. Last year I was shopping for both and in the end the price was about same for a similar spec. Helps to know current factory rebates and invoice prices as well, makes a huge difference.
I've got mine with optional wheels, paint and Logic7 just below $50000 out the door.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #28
Bora20
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not many of them here in Toronto either. I've seen 2 of 3 on the road, except mine.
I like both X3 and E91.
Not sure what you mean full spec: with all options?
Starting price it the same. Last year I was shopping for both and in the end the price was about same for a similar spec. Helps to know current factory rebates and invoice prices as well, makes a huge difference.
I've got mine with optional wheels, paint and Logic7 just below $50000 out the door.

Yes, if you add all options available. I don't know if there are any rebates available on the cars.
      06-15-2010, 07:49 AM   #29
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes, if you add all options available. I don't know if there are any rebates available on the cars.
If you are shopping for a car you can check invoice and rebates on Carcostcanada.com (have to pay a little)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #30
Bora20
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If you are shopping for a car you can check invoice and rebates on Carcostcanada.com (have to pay a little)
I have used them before, but I am not looking for a new car. It isn't worth the depreciation in this market. 3 year old CPO cars do me just fine...

...that is until the new X3 is available with a diesel, then we will be ordering a new one. The timeframe of that is unknown, but I am willing to bet my mortgage will be paid off by then (2yrs 9mths).
      06-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #31
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have used them before, but I am not looking for a new car. It isn't worth the depreciation in this market. 3 year old CPO cars do me just fine...

...that is until the new X3 is available with a diesel, then we will be ordering a new one. The timeframe of that is unknown, but I am willing to bet my mortgage will be paid off by then (2yrs 9mths).
I am with you on diesel (with manual?).
Yeahh, right... I am a dreamer...
Appreciate 0