BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #23
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
AC is a dehumidifier. It can't cause condensation, it gets rid of it. Condensation occurs when you turn off the AC. Which is why you shouldn't really ever turn it off. I've addressed this issue in another post:
I see, so best practice to avoid this, is to always run A/C and not just the fan. Obvs in winter humidty isnt an issue.Ill change my habbits. Ive been drying out the vents with the air before turning off, but can notice the humidity rise dramatically and the smell before turning off

edit: maybe on 0 humidty days blow the ducts out?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #24
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
I see, so best practice to avoid this, is to always run A/C and not just the fan. Obvs in winter humidty isnt an issue.Ill change my habbits. Ive been drying out the vents with the air before turning off, but can notice the humidity rise dramatically and the smell before turning off

edit: maybe on 0 humidty days blow the ducts out?
The problem with humidity is that it can come from multiple sources. The air, obviously, but we create humidity, our breath. Our wet shoes and clothes that wet the floor mats and seats create humidity. So, even in winter I would leave the AC on and turn up the heat a bit. Moisture from the wet floor mats and seats (and jackets and gloves etc) you leave behind when you leave your car evaporate into the air and now you have a humid condition with no circulation. If you turn off your AC even a few minutes before you stop the car, you will introduce relatively more humid air from the environment into the system (ducts). When you turn off the car, the evaporation from wet surfaces will ADD to the humidity. On the other hand, if you leave your AC on, your relative humidity will be lower than if you hadn't. So the overall humidity from evaporation will be less with less of a chance for mold and mildew.

Another great tip is to not leave wet clothes in the car and use weather proof mats that you can wipe down when you leave the car.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #25
Panzer1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-Bag View Post
I have to turn it off every time I drive. It was off when I exited the vehicle but turns on automatically. Is there anyway to stop this?
The climate control function can be controlled as part of your seat and mirror memory setting. Next time in the car, with the key fob you use, ignition on, set everything the way you want it. The climate control should be turned OFF. Then, hit SET, then hit which ever memory button you use, 1 or 2, then hit Set. The next time you start the car, it should start with the climate control off.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #26
Wolfus Aurelius
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i (gold/cream)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-Bag View Post
No, I mean it literally comes on automatically. Every time I get in the car it starts blowing and I have to turn it off. It's off when I get out of the car (because I turned it off when I originally got in), but when I get back in to drive again, it starts blowing again, even though I had shut it off last time I drove. For me it's annoying, but not the end of the world...lol. I just was asking to see if it was a setting I could easily adjust.
I take my right forefinger and touch the "reduce fan speed" button one or more times until it's off. Soon, though, maybe even today, I'll be glad it comes on when I start the car, and will leave it as it is.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #27
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Leave everything to automatic, set your temperature and forget about it. I even set the re-circulation mode to auto. It's supposed to close off the fresh air vent if there's an overabundance of particulate. Modern cars are practically airtight and you should have fresh air make-up for the cabin anyway.
Appreciate 0