BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
lenore
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 30d M Sport

Poishing and waxing new X3

This question may have been asked before, if so then please advise with appropriate link?

I take delivery of a new 30d tomorrow and would like to polish and wax it to maintain the "new car" look. I'm considering using Ziano or AutoGlym, however my concern is will it be detrimental to the new paint or should I wait some time before doing this?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 (Sept 2012) 525i (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
This question may have been asked before, if so then please advise with appropriate link?

I take delivery of a new 30d tomorrow and would like to polish and wax it to maintain the "new car" look. I'm considering using Ziano or AutoGlym, however my concern is will it be detrimental to the new paint or should I wait some time before doing this?

if you use zaino and follow their instructions (cleaning it with dish washer fluid, claying, etc) the paint should be better off than staying in its original form.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
richy577
Pokerboy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport 2.0D

I posted quite a large explanation of using Zaino for the first time as a thread a bit further down under the title Zaino. I've had my White X3 for 2 weeks now and the paint seems fine since I've sealed it.
Appreciate 0