BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-02-2014, 12:59 AM   #1
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

issue with Bluetooth and android update?

Hello,

Does anyone experience Bluetooth problem since a latest Android update? I use to connect my Samsung Galaxy S3 to my car with Bluetooth connection (I have the navi pro), and listen to my MP3s that are on my phones. Until last weekend, It worked fine so. Since last Saturday (my phone had an update), sometimes it works well, sometimes while playing music, it pauses the song and on the navigation screens appears the logo (next to the logo of mobile phone signal strongness) of the globe with two direction signs, like if the car was receiving data! If I press play on my mobile phone, the song will play and then it will pause again, with same logo appearing.

I drive a 2011 X3, with the following software:
Multimedia : MX-003.005.004
Phone: TX-003.005.004
Bluetooth SW: TX-003.005.004-003.004
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Android SW 4.3
Kernel ver. 3.0.31-2429075

Yesterday evening it started to bug, I had to push "play" 10 to 20 times on my phones, and finally I heard a very uncomfortable sound through the speakers of my car and the BT connection went lost. I had to deactivate the BT signal of my mobile phone, then activate it again and it worked fine until I reached home!

Anyone having the same problem?

Sank
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 04:30 AM   #2
robe033
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX1 2023

I found the latest software on bmw.com/update
Still cant get messages to show, but everything else ok
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Hi Robe,

well sms has always displayed on the I-drive screen in my car. The dealer fix my problem in a very simple way. He made a new re-programed the car! It is fixed and work fine again.

But I m a bit angry with this way of processing. In the past you had someone coming in you car, searching for the physical problem and solving it. Today they plug a computer cable and re-program your car,.and it costs, it is not cheap. They started to re-program my car after I announced at the beginning of this year, that my engine has some strange behaviour at around 80-90 km/h in D mode (very short engine cut) while driving at constant speed + my gearbox was jerking a bit in 1st gear while arriving at intersection. They fixed it. Then once it has been fixed, I had then problem with the BT and the Panoramic roof. The Panoramic roof did not stop in comfort position during the opening process. They re-programed the car and fixed both issues. Now I don't have the Stop and Go function anymore! So each time they re-program my car, I have issue solved and new issue coming after!
Appreciate 0