BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #23
SuzanneCR
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Sport 2013 (Oct)

It is ex demo so I got what options it came with which was the business comms/nav package. It doesn't come with online services if that helps in any way...!? Can't seem to find anywhere anything about option 6NL... there is nothing which mentions what option I have on any documentation from the dealer. Having said this, I uploaded some tunes onto a USB flash stick and tried it in the car - the music plays perfectly! So very happy about that. Didn't realise this would work without the storage capability so thanks for the suggestion. However, when I plug my ipod in via a USB cable you can't even see it - only seems to recognise it when I connect with the y cable. I even bought an aux to aux cable from Halfords hoping that by connecting iPod to aux in centre armrest this would work - but it didn't. Thinking that a USB stick might be my only option now!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #24
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneCR View Post
It is ex demo so I got what options it came with which was the business comms/nav package. It doesn't come with online services if that helps in any way...!? Can't seem to find anywhere anything about option 6NL... there is nothing which mentions what option I have on any documentation from the dealer. Having said this, I uploaded some tunes onto a USB flash stick and tried it in the car - the music plays perfectly! So very happy about that. Didn't realise this would work without the storage capability so thanks for the suggestion. However, when I plug my ipod in via a USB cable you can't even see it - only seems to recognise it when I connect with the y cable. I even bought an aux to aux cable from Halfords hoping that by connecting iPod to aux in centre armrest this would work - but it didn't. Thinking that a USB stick might be my only option now!
Business nav always used to include 6NL but things may have moved on. Odd that it doesn't work with the iPod/iPhone but I would abandon it and stick with the USB stick.

You can get a 64GB USB stick and use it just for the car for less than £20 these days and it's solid state so better than a USB hard drive (in a moving vehicle), e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Tec...yshop+usb+32gb. I've had a dedicated 32GB stick in mine for about 3 years and it has worked flawlessly

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #25
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

You may find this useful too if you want to see album artwork etc:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529599

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #26
SuzanneCR
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Sport 2013 (Oct)

Thanks for all this info, very useful!
Appreciate 0