BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #2179
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Hi and welcome. Very nice spec

You can't check online to my knowledge but if you call your dealer (or turn up in person if you can) and make them check on their antiquated system the status of your X3 will change when production is completed - something like "departed plant" - as per first page of this thread
sfax,

Many thanks, I thought the dealer might be my only option though I think it might be better to try the WW track n'trace every few days now that I've got the full VIN # and my expected delivery date is about six weeks away.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #2180
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335D MSport 2016

Garage List
I'm starting to see a few more around. Saw a white MSport in Settle (Yorkshire) and quite a number in Shropshire (Telford, Ludlow area).

The only place I missed them on my travels this week was when I went down the M5 to Plymouth, the South West must be lacking!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #2181
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post
sfax,

Many thanks, I thought the dealer might be my only option though I think it might be better to try the WW track n'trace every few days now that I've got the full VIN # and my expected delivery date is about six weeks away.
If you can find it on WW it's such a great way to kill the time to delivery. Not many people manage to find theirs so good luck!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #2182
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggy1969 View Post
I'm starting to see a few more around. Saw a white MSport in Settle (Yorkshire) and quite a number in Shropshire (Telford, Ludlow area).

The only place I missed them on my travels this week was when I went down the M5 to Plymouth, the South West must be lacking!
New X3s seem to be outnumbered 10/1 by RR Evoques in Central London. Glad it's not the other way round. There are more and more X3s but they still remain fairly exclusive compared to a lot of other models

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #2183
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
New X3s seem to be outnumbered 10/1 by RR Evoques in Central London. Glad it's not the other way round. There are more and more X3s but they still remain fairly exclusive compared to a lot of other models
There's plenty of Evoques around and glad I didn't get one (was close). They look good but far too small and the small glass area wouldn't give the same view out as the X3 plus I wouldn't be able to play with V6 XF jags like I have been doing recently .... .... even woke an M3 up who was napping off a roundabout!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #2184
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggy1969 View Post
There's plenty of Evoques around and glad I didn't get one (was close). They look good but far too small and the small glass area wouldn't give the same view out as the X3 plus I wouldn't be able to play with V6 XF jags like I have been doing recently .... .... even woke an M3 up who was napping off a roundabout!!!!
with envy at all of those extra horses you have ...

Agree Evoque too small. Didn't really hit home until I stood right next to one

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #2185
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I certainly don't need a 35D, going to get into trouble soon enough with this one!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 02:37 AM   #2186
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

I live in Teesside, I'm yet to see an MSport......until I pick mine up in 2 weeks !!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #2187
Stephen H
Rep
Drives: X3 35D M Sport Alpine White

Hi,

Getting mine 1st September. Really looking forward to it now....
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #2188
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 35D M Sport

Hope to get my 3rd one in October!! Don't expect there are many on this forum who are awaitng their 3rd!!
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #2189
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by X35D For Me View Post
Hope to get my 3rd one in October!! Don't expect there are many on this forum who are awaitng their 3rd!!
Are you going to keep it now? I thought you were looking at offloading the 3rd one?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #2190
wheelynuts
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 40d MSport

Another UK order here. Currently have a 2010 X5 40d MSport and seriously impressed by the X3. There's been some slating of the X3's quality on these pages, but I have to say I was very impressed with the demonstrator. The X5 interior is showing it's age now and isn't of the highest quality plastics and, although the X3 isn't up to the latest BMW interior designs (5 series, new 3 series), the quality felt better than the X5. Also in the X3's favour: the ride was better than the X5 (even on the non VDC demonstrator I tried), it's significantly more agile on narrow rural roads, quicker but also more economical, and not significantly smaller inside. Principal downside is that it that options lift the price well into X5 territory.

Anyway, our order went in on friday for an expected delivery in 3 months. Spec as follows: X3 XDrive 30d MSport, Space Grey, Black leather, brushed aluminium interior trim and matt aluminium roof rails and window trim, 19" wheels, Electric Seat Pack, Visibility Pack, Pro Media Pack, Pro Speakers, DAB, VDC, panoramic roof, sun protection glass, extended storage, reversing camera with top view, instrument embellishers in black, power bootlid, heated front seats, and service inclusive pack.
      08-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #2191
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 35D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth3685 View Post
Are you going to keep it now? I thought you were looking at offloading the 3rd one?
I was lookin to sell the 2nd one when it turned up but unfortunately when I went to collect it, there had been a mistake in the order and it din't have the professional speaker upgrade of my original and had the climate comfort pack that I didn't want. No other way round it other than to order another replacement so expecting no. 3 in mid to late October. Never actually got to drive No 2 even though it had been registered to me and a few days later I even got the Registration Document for it. Shortest ownership of a car on record possibly.
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #2192
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Shipping new X3 to UK from the USA

My dealer assures me that my X3 is due for delivery in week 39 (w/c 10th September) though the system shows that it has not arrived at the port yet. According to W&W's website & schedules there are no ships traveling directly from South Carolina to Southampton via Bremmerhaven due until at least the 16th. Is it possible that my car might cross tha Atlantic to Bremmerhaven on one ship then come to Southampton on another? There's one ship due into Southampton from Bremmerhaven on the 5th...I've tried tracking my car on line using the full 17 digit chassis number though it shows up as not found - typical!

I've got the chassis number and the registration number all I need now is the car
      09-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #2193
Kiernan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition/911 GTS

Not 100% sure, but I don't think they have to go to Southampton on the same ship that transported them to Bremerhaven, well I hope not.

Reason I say that is that I think I've managed to track my car down, and whilst the vin doesn't show up on the W&W website, I've found another car bound for Japan that was built the same day (23/08) that left Charleston on the 28th, and is due in Bremerhaven on the 12th September. The same ship is then due to set sail from Bremerhaven on the 19th, finally reaching Southampton on the 24th. I hope that my car won't be stuck in Germany for 7 days, after all I'm sure that BMW have cars leaving the port almost every day. I would have thought that once they off load our cars in Bremerhaven, they'll get them on the next ship going to Southampton just as soon as they've done the quality checks or whatever it is they now do in Germany.

Still looks like the end of the month for me, but hopefully you'll get you car sooner.
      09-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #2194
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Shipping info...

I've found out today that all ex-USA BMW's have to clear European customs at Bremmerhaven port prior to be shipped on to the UK or any other final destination within the EU so I guess I've sort of answered my own previously posted question!

I've also found out that W & W are not the only shipper of BMW's from Charleston, K-Line are also used. I'm tracking an ex-Charleston ro-ro vessel called Florida Highway which has just left Bremmerhaven bound for Southampton on the 6th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my X3's on it! My car left the factory on the 22nd August and this vessel left Charlston on the 24th so fingers & toes crossed.

My dealer is now saying my cars due for delivery wk38 so I guess that by the time it's been to the prep centre (Thorne S. Yorks possibly) and then transported back to the dealer in Worcestershire it all seems to fit...
      09-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #2195
amcintosh
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d M Sport Auto

I placed an order for an X3 20d M Sport on 12th September with an expectation of a late Oct/early Nov delivery based on what the salesman had told me.

After hearing nothing since paying my deposit and getting no response to 2 emails I have called the dealer to be told I have a production date of mid Nov and an expected delivery of end Dec, so twice as long as I had expected.

Slightly annoyed at the moment because I feel I have been mis-led by the dealer although I realise that others have had to wait considerably longer. I considered using Alphabet but they had told me to expect 6 months for delivery.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #2196
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcintosh View Post
I placed an order for an X3 20d M Sport on 12th September with an expectation of a late Oct/early Nov delivery based on what the salesman had told me.

After hearing nothing since paying my deposit and getting no response to 2 emails I have called the dealer to be told I have a production date of mid Nov and an expected delivery of end Dec, so twice as long as I had expected.

Slightly annoyed at the moment because I feel I have been mis-led by the dealer although I realise that others have had to wait considerably longer. I considered using Alphabet but they had told me to expect 6 months for delivery.
Sorry to hear that but you're not alone...

Quote:
Total days from order to delivery = [No. of days given by dealer when deposit taken] + 30 days + (6 x b)

where b is bullsh!t factor and ranges from 0 to 10

For me it's 60 + 30 + (6 x b) = 127 => My dealer's bullsh!t factor is 6.2

N.B. Even if your dealer has a bullsh!t factor of 0, your original estimate will still be optimistic by 1 month
And my advice is to never rely on email with dealerships. I don't think I ever got a response to an email from a dealer without following it up with a phone call a few days later to get them to actually read it. The best way to spur the useless ^&^*s into action once they have your money is to turn up in person and stand over them whilst they check/update your order

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #2197
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Uk delivery

Ordered my 30d M Sport at the end of July and picking it up Wednesday or Thursday next week (26th / 27th) Mines leased thru Alphabet which doesn't seem to have delayed things at all as far as I'm aware; only been about nine weeks from placing my order to taking delivery. Build complete on August 22nd so transport from South Carolina to the dealer will have taken just over a month.

At no point was I able to track its progress across the 'pond' using the vin number though it would appear that it arrived at Southampton docks over the weekend of the 15th Sept. I'm not sure where the car wil be prepared, I assume somewhere in the south

Will post pics when it arrives.
      09-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #2198
amcintosh
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Mines leased thru Alphabet which doesn't seem to have delayed things at all as far as I'm aware; only been about nine weeks from placing my order to taking delivery.
Strange that Alphabet told me 6 months for delivery if yours has only been 9 weeks. They were offering me a reasonable APR, I just didn't want to wait 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #2199
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcintosh View Post
Strange that Alphabet told me 6 months for delivery if yours has only been 9 weeks. They were offering me a reasonable APR, I just didn't want to wait 6 months.
My lease through Alphabet was arranged by my BMW dealer - did you approach Alphabet directly?
      09-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #2200
amcintosh
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My lease through Alphabet was arranged by my BMW dealer - did you approach Alphabet directly?
The company I work for offers a reduced rate scheme (effectively PCP) called AlphaDrive available through Alphabet. No deposit and 24, 36 or 48 months of payments followed by optional purchase.
Appreciate 0