BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-25-2022, 01:41 AM   #1
zhengbob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e90/e93 2009; F25 2014

How to 'downgrade' headlights from AFS model to standard model

Need some help.

I've got a 2014 BMW X3 xDrive35 from Copart, it had front end collision and both headlights are broken, those are Bi-Xenon AFS headlight and too expensive.

So I bought the non-AFS model headlight, but then there is Adaptive headlight Malfunction error pops up, and the ECU can't recognize the headlight, and it's not working properly.

I searched and seems this can only be re-programmed with ISTA dealer software, not sure if there is any alternative options to get it fixed?

I am in Seattle WA, if you guys have that dealer software can help me, I'd like to pay for your help.

Thanks.

Bob
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2022, 01:56 PM   #2
Dekero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35I

If the lights are working... But throwing an adaptive error only.... You can use BIMMERGEEKS PROTOOL to code out the adaptive error permanently...

Beyond that if they aren't coming on due to voltage issues... Maybe use relays off the zenon power up wires and drive the halogen bulbs from a solid 12v source??
Appreciate 0