BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #23
Bmwlvr60
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Doesn't anyone here have a local BMW dealer that offers free car washes because you bought the car there? Huge selling point for me as when I owned Acuras I used to drive past my BMW dealer on the way to the car wash. Saves me $20/wash and I'm there weekly.

Deep Sea Blue is my X3's color and there are some minor swirl marks due to using an automatic car wash, but nothing my detailer won't be able to buff out in the Spring. Road salt in the Winter needs to be removed sooner, rather than later.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #24
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlvr60 View Post
Doesn't anyone here have a local BMW dealer that offers free car washes because you bought the car there? Huge selling point for me as when I owned Acuras I used to drive past my BMW dealer on the way to the car wash. Saves me $20/wash and I'm there weekly.

Deep Sea Blue is my X3's color and there are some minor swirl marks due to using an automatic car wash, but nothing my detailer won't be able to buff out in the Spring. Road salt in the Winter needs to be removed sooner, rather than later.
Mine offers them, but there is no way in h*ll I'd let my X3 go through it. Every time my X3 is in for service I specifically write a note not to wash it and tell the service advisor as well. Don't have a swirl mark on the car since its been washed by hand since day one.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #25
LeeAC
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlvr60 View Post

Unfortunately my dealer only has an automatic car wash.

Happy to say that I found a touchless car wash down the street and its been doing a great job!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 01:30 PM   #26
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Honestly, I can't care enough about my X3 to get all worked up about it. It's a utilitarian small SUV that gets no looks from anybody and is as common as rocks. If an auto car wash was all I reasonably had because of my living situation, that's what I'd use. If it got to the point where swirl marks bothered me, I'd buff the car. And I'm generally very fastidious about cars, but an X3 just doesn't provide any "wow" satisfaction after a day of detailing.
Appreciate 0