BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
supraken
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

2011 X3 - How to tell what packages it has ?

I'm looking at a used 2011 X3 35i. It has Nav, Moonroof, Paddle shifters, and the seats doesn't look flat (so I'm guessing it's some sort of sports package??). It has 18" wheels, but I think all 35i came with that.

Is there anyway to tell what packages it has based on this info? Particularly I'd like to know if it's actually real leather (vs leatherette), if it has comfort access, and if has power tailgate. Tried to ask the dealer over the phone but the guy is not sure.

Also, what's a good price for the car with ~12000 miles? Any common issues I should check for?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
it would be great if you took some pictures~
also, get the vin number~
      12-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
RIC3BOY
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS

Look at the ordering/pricing guide for 2011 -- http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445900

Compare whats on the list of packages/options to what the vehicle has.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Gouda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Go to bmwvin.com and enter the VIN and other needed details. You will get the built sheet with all the options etc. it is free and worth it's weight in gold. We just bought a 2011 with more miles than your example. I went by the KBB and NADA values. Paid less than either. Compare similar ones on autotrader and similar sites near where this one is at. You will get a fair idea of what the cost should be. 12k miles is very low. See what has been done service wise. FYI, no one at BMW will tell you anything about the vehicle until you own it. Consider CPO vehicles and non-CPO vehicles differently price wise.

08 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited for the OHV park.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
supraken
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouda View Post
Go to bmwvin.com and enter the VIN and other needed details. You will get the built sheet with all the options etc. it is free and worth it's weight in gold. We just bought a 2011 with more miles than your example. I went by the KBB and NADA values. Paid less than either. Compare similar ones on autotrader and similar sites near where this one is at. You will get a fair idea of what the cost should be. 12k miles is very low. See what has been done service wise. FYI, no one at BMW will tell you anything about the vehicle until you own it. Consider CPO vehicles and non-CPO vehicles differently price wise.

Thanks!! That's really helpful!!

Just curious, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for yours ?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
Gouda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Nahhh, someone will always say their's was cheaper, blah, blah, blah.... Plus, you can look it up once you know how it is equipped. I will say there is roughly a 2k$ difference between CPO and Non CPO. CPO being higher, but you may be able to bargain better on a CPO (just a guess). And factor in a extended warranty on a non CPO to get a similar price. I hope it goes well, we finally put some miles on ours over Christmas and it is a great drive. Love it!

08 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited for the OHV park.
Appreciate 0