BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #1
MetaX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

BAVSOUND stage one speaker upgrade kit

Just thought I would let everyone know that BAVSOUND just announced their stage 1 speaker upgrade kit for the F25 X3 (Premium Hi-fi). It includes 7 sets of replacement mids and tweeters for the center channel, front/rear doors, and D-pillars out back. I just pre-ordered my set along with the Ghost under seat woofers so I'll report back on them when they come...some time in July.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

I could understand a year or two after the introduction, but almost six years. Geez. Thanks for the update.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
TJNies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

I received an email with a discount if I order by March 31.

I have a 2014 2.8i with Nav. I am still not sure which audio system I have; I know it's not the HK system. I don't think it's the Premium system, inasmuch as I don't see any of the tip-off items listed in the Bavsound site.

That's fine, as the price is around $425, quite a drop in price! I used to install upscale car stereos many years back, and never thought more speakers meant better sound. Better speakers, appropriately placed, and enough power made far more difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #4
BOSSBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJNies View Post
I received an email with a discount if I order by March 31.

I have a 2014 2.8i with Nav. I am still not sure which audio system I have; I know it's not the HK system. I don't think it's the Premium system, inasmuch as I don't see any of the tip-off items listed in the Bavsound site.

That's fine, as the price is around $425, quite a drop in price! I used to install upscale car stereos many years back, and never thought more speakers meant better sound. Better speakers, appropriately placed, and enough power made far more difference.
would you mind sharing the coupon/discount code?
      03-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #5
MetaX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
I could understand a year or two after the introduction, but almost six years. Geez. Thanks for the update.
Yeah I was a bit surprised to get the email announcing the kit. My guess is that they just never really hit critical mass on requests so never deemed it worthwhile to pursue. The email even has a crowd funding feel to it...The first 50 sets that are pre-ordered are being sold at a $100 discount if ordered by 3/31.

Since I have decided to put off my next car purchase by a year I figured I'd drown out my car envy with a bump to my in-car tunes.
Appreciate 0