BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #221
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Just double click on copy_Cafd files utility, all will be done for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #222
richardchou
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M Sport - White

DVD in Motion

Hi all,

I have attached a screen shot of my issue. I am trying to code DVD in Motion but I don't have an option to set the speed value to "FF". Any ideas?

Also, can you please teach me how to revert all codes back to the original setting? I have a backup of the orginal code (CAF folder)

Thank you,
Richard
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #223
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardchou View Post
Hi all,

I have attached a screen shot of my issue. I am trying to code DVD in Motion but I don't have an option to set the speed value to "FF". Any ideas?

Also, can you please teach me how to revert all codes back to the original setting? I have a backup of the orginal code (CAF folder)

Thank you,
Richard
Do not change the Drop Down, change the Werte Value below it. Right click on it (00) and select Edit in the bottom window, change 00 to FF, and then in the upper right corner of that same bottom window, hit the save icon (or Ctrl-Enter I think), then save the NCD, back up and FDL Code it.

You can use your .ncd files by right-clicking on the ECU and selecting add or insert, and the selecting the corresponding .ncd file, and then FDL Coding the ECU.

However, the easiest thing to do (assuming you have not modified your VO in any way) is to simply Read you VO, Read VCM, and then highlight each ECU one at at time, Right-Click on it and select CODE. This "VO Coding" (as opposed to "FDL Coding") will restore each ECU to it's as delivered condition.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #224
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Hey guys...

I noticed something interesting with disabling start/stop.

The car remembers the setting (off) however start/stop is restored when Ecopro is selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
edited

woohoo!

To date working:

Working

Lift gate close with fob and button on drivers side
Auto close widows, moonroof, fold in mirrors from fob and comfort access
Disable legal disclaimers for iDrive
Auto stop/start: remember last setting
Digital speed on BC display
      10-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #225
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Hey guys...

I noticed something interesting with disabling start/stop.

The car remembers the setting (off) however start/stop is restored when Ecopro is selected.
Makes sense considering the goal of ECO PRO is to maximize fuel efficiency, and Auto Start/Stop is a major contributor towards that.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #226
richardchou
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for your reply, Shawn.

So, I don't need to move any CAF files before reading VO & VCM? Simply CODE the ECU will bring everything back to default?

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Do not change the Drop Down, change the Werte Value below it. Right click on it (00) and select Edit in the bottom window, change 00 to FF, and then in the upper right corner of that same bottom window, hit the save icon (or Ctrl-Enter I think), then save the NCD, back up and FDL Code it.

You can use your .ncd files by right-clicking on the ECU and selecting add or insert, and the selecting the corresponding .ncd file, and then FDL Coding the ECU.

However, the easiest thing to do (assuming you have not modified your VO in any way) is to simply Read you VO, Read VCM, and then highlight each ECU one at at time, Right-Click on it and select CODE. This "VO Coding" (as opposed to "FDL Coding") will restore each ECU to it's as delivered condition.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #227
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for your reply, Shawn.

So, I don't need to move any CAF files before reading VO & VCM? Simply CODE the ECU will bring everything back to default?

Richard
That is correct, so long as you are using your original factory VO.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #228
richardchou
Enlisted Member
Rep

front turn signal illumination

Hi all,

Anyone know how to code so that front turn signals will not be illuminated when headlight is on?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #229
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi all,

Anyone know how to code so that front turn signals will not be illuminated when headlight is on?

Thank you!
Look for this or something similar:

FEM_BODY / 3063 LceLampMapping2 / MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_L_OUTPUT = off
FEM_BODY / 3063 LceLampMapping2 / MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_R_OUTPUT = off

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #230
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

So now that I've coded the obvious things I suppose I'm done with coding.

Are there any other 'tweaks' that I should look into?
      10-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #231
tobert
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i

Hey everyone...following the tested cheat sheet, I coded my F25 to unlock the doors when the engine is stopped, however, it seems to unlock only the DRIVERS door. The rest of the doors still require a double pull to open. Is this how it should be working, or have I done something incorrectly? I set the following:

CAS 3002 CLM ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR aktiv / Werte=01

I'm not sure what I may have done wrong? Or...if that is the intent...to unlock the drivers door only...does anyone know how to code it to unlock the rest of the doors when the engine is stopped?

Thanks!
Tim
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #232
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobert View Post
Hey everyone...following the tested cheat sheet, I coded my F25 to unlock the doors when the engine is stopped, however, it seems to unlock only the DRIVERS door. The rest of the doors still require a double pull to open. Is this how it should be working, or have I done something incorrectly? I set the following:

CAS 3002 CLM ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR aktiv / Werte=01

I'm not sure what I may have done wrong? Or...if that is the intent...to unlock the drivers door only...does anyone know how to code it to unlock the rest of the doors when the engine is stopped?

Thanks!
Tim
Allows single pull of Driver's Side or All Doors to open door depending on iDrive Unlock Settings.

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #233
Buffaloalchemist
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i Deep Sea Blue

Does anyone know if there is a way to code the garage door opener so that it is always available? As it is now the ignition must be on for it to operate! The Acura I replaced with the BMW had it always on as does my Miata. I would like to be able to open the door before starting the engine. As it is now I can open from the wall switch or turn on the X3's ignition first open the door and then start the engine which is just more cumbersome.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #234
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Hi all,

Thank you!
let us know if you complete this successfully
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #235
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
let us know if you complete this successfully
You can try what I suggested to him in Post # 229, which was to look for this or something similar:

FEM_BODY / 3063 LceLampMapping2 / MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_L_OUTPUT = off
FEM_BODY / 3063 LceLampMapping2 / MAPPING_SIDEMARKER_R_OUTPUT = off:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=229

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #236
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Thanks to April1 my coding 'kit' arrived today.

The install batch file supplied on the USB stick worked faultlessly as does e-sys on my old MS Vista laptop. Thus far I've successfully coded my X3 as follows:

DVD in motion.
Reverse camera in motion. (The kids like it!)
Welcome lights fade up instead of instant on, also enabled low beam HID's to come on with welcome lights too since our village doesn't have street lights.
Increased the wash before wipe delay to 300 msec from default 200 msec to get a bit more washer fluid on the glass before it's wiped away.
Added menu to change performance display units so that I can have good old fashioned horsepower and lb/ft!.
High beam assist to default ON.
Start/Stop setting memory.
Enabled Traffic info over DAB for navigation system. I assume the traffic data is ordinarily received via FM since TI_DAB_TMS was inactive.

All modified functions tested working OK with the possible exception of Traffic on DAB, I can see live traffic info via iDrive though I'm not sure if I should assume my mod has made any difference!

I had a play around with Speed Limit Display. My car has high beam assist camera and I managed to get the speed limit icon in the info display (red circle on white background) though the actual limit did not appear (just "--" in the centre of the symbol) despite driving past several speed limit signs. At one point I lost the BC display, only the current time was visible and the BC button on the stalk stopped working - the entire area of the display where the fuel economy gauge is positioned disappeared too. At this point I chickened out and reverted things back to standard in the Kombi and de-activated SPEEDLIMIT_INFO in HU_CIC any thoughts anyone?

Thanks again to april1.
      10-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #237
DesertStorm
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo

The install batch file supplied on the USB stick worked faultlessly as does e-sys on my old MS Vista laptop. Thus far I've successfully coded my X3 as follows:

DVD in motion.
Welcome lights fade up instead of instant on, also enabled low beam HID's to come on with welcome lights too since our village doesn't have street lights.
Increased the wash before wipe delay to 300 msec from default 200 msec to get a bit more washer fluid on the glass before it's wiped away.
Added menu to change performance display units so that I can have good old fashioned horsepower and lb/ft!.
Enabled Traffic info over DAB for navigation system. I assume the traffic data is ordinarily received via FM since TI_DAB_TMS was inactive.

All modified functions tested working OK with the possible exception of Traffic on DAB, I can see live traffic info via iDrive though I'm not sure if I should assume my mod has made any difference!

I had a play around with Speed Limit Display. My car has high beam assist camera and I managed to get the speed limit icon in the info display (red circle on white background) though the actual limit did not appear (just "--" in the centre of the symbol) despite driving past several speed limit signs. At one point I lost the BC display, only the current time was visible and the BC button on the stalk stopped working - the entire area of the display where the fuel economy gauge is positioned disappeared too. At this point I chickened out and reverted things back to standard in the Kombi and de-activated SPEEDLIMIT_INFO in HU_CIC any thoughts anyone?

Thanks again to april1.
What codes did you change to make the headlights fade on and to change the delay on the wiper spray?

Thanks!
2015 X5 sDrive35i - Space Grey Metallic
2013 X3 xDrive35i - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #238
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post

DVD in motion.

Thanks again to april1.
Wow, you could do so much just in a day. Well done.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #239
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Some of my X3's re-coded "features" seem to have disappeared today...auto high beam assist and ability to enable the reversing camera seem to have somehow reverted back to standard functionality. Bearing in mind it was only 18 hours since my coding session is this possible?
      10-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #240
Buffaloalchemist
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i Deep Sea Blue

CAF Viewer error:

When I attempt to use the Caf viewer offline I receive the following error:

Can not parse the caf file"C:\EsysData\CAF\CAFD_00000018_004_009_000.ncd "! [C010]
SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

this happens for all cafs not just the one in the example!

the FDL editor works ok and I have sucessfully coded several options on my F25.

I did try removing and reinstalling the complete package but this did not solve the problem! I am using Windows 7!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #241
azaremba
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post

DVD in motion.

Thanks again to april1.
Please pass along the codes for the real time traffic and wiper delay.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #242
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaremba View Post
Please pass along the codes for the real time traffic and wiper delay.
Wash before wipe delay:

JBBFE, 3000 Wipe_Wash, WASHWITHOUTWIPE_TIME

Default value on my X3 is 200mSec

Will post the dan mod details later when I get home...