BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-24-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

iPod / iPhone interface - Enabling Random / Shuffle

Hello all -

We've connected the audio/video Y-cable (BMW 61122344300) between our 2012 F25 and an older iPod Classic, and now have both album art and audio - great!

But I'm a little confused as to how to enable RANDOM through the iDrive system - so that the songs queue up randomly. I searched the manual and it seems ambiguous, directing us to an Options menu that I cannot seem to find under the External Devices menu.

I simply enabled the "Shuffle" feature on the iPod itself and that worked (I even noticed that hovering the iDrive cursor over the track advance >> showed "Random" on the iDrive screen.

But it now seems to have reverted back to sequential play on its own, and short of disconnecting the iPod and re-enabling Shuffle again, it seems there must be a RANDOM option within iDrive for this external device that I am simply missing.

Can anyone enlighten me please?
Thanks!