BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

MP3 playback issues

Hello guys, I have just noticed today that some of my MP3 files (on USB stick) would not play in the car. Plugged the usb into my computer and those files plays fine. Those files that cannot be played did not show up on the instrument cluster, but shows up on iDrive screen.
One particular file even cannot be played via iDrive (when I select that song, it plays the next song instead), but it shows up on my instrument cluster and when I choose it through steering wheel control it plays fine.
I just thought this is kinda weird, any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Some time ago, there was an issue on the 3 series 2012 (F30, F31) with UK cars having an issue reading the file structure of certain manufacturers and certain size USB sticks over 8GB.

If you are near a dealer, it is worth asking if this could be your problem. How many different USB sticks have you tried?
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2015, 12:15 AM   #3
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Some time ago, there was an issue on the 3 series 2012 (F30, F31) with UK cars having an issue reading the file structure of certain manufacturers and certain size USB sticks over 8GB.

If you are near a dealer, it is worth asking if this could be your problem. How many different USB sticks have you tried?
Thank you Peter for your input, I tried to backup the files, reformat my USB stick, put all the files back, and all of sudden it works fine now. So I guess there was an issue with the stick.
I am using Lexar Echo 8Gb, the one that looks like Logitech's nano-receiver.
Previously I tried to use SandDisk cruzer blade, also 8Gb stick, and the car did not recognize it for some reason.
Thanks again for your input, if the same issues comes up again, i will mention it with the dealer at the next service appointment.
Appreciate 0