BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #23
iwinit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

After reading this thread, I bought the Weathertech DigitalFit Liner. It should arrive in few days. Should I remove the original BMW floor mat (non-rubber) or just leave it under the Weathertech liner? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
Zoo54924
Getting there...
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Remove it. you wont need it.

FYI - just got the cargo liner from weather tech today. fits perfectly except you have to make a couple of adjustments; especially the driver side cargo net pocket. just trim it off and you'd be OK.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #25
clarka@csolve.net
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 with M Sport

We bought the Weathertech front and rear liners. They fit perfectly and did come with velcro fasteners. I'm sure that they make the BMW liners too; the only difference will be the logo and the price! My only complaint is that the side walls are not very deep for holding the slush; I think to accomodate the front passenger cargo net. The Weathertech mats that we had for our Murano were deeper.

We bought the shallow BMW cargo tray with the sill protector. We would have bought the Weathertech tray if it had been available at the time.

We also bought the Weathertech pet barrier since 2011 Canadian models don't have the nets. It looks good and keeps our doggy safe!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #26
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarka@csolve.net View Post
We bought the Weathertech front and rear liners. They fit perfectly and did come with velcro fasteners. I'm sure that they make the BMW liners too; the only difference will be the logo and the price!
Hi Clarka, do you have a part# for the liners you got from Weathertech? People were posting that the Weathertech's didn't come with velcro. Instead they use another method for fastening requiring drilling into the floor. I'd like to avoid the BMW tax and go Weathertech but I'd like to be sure they will latch with velcro. The instructions don't mention velcro.

Update
Got off the phone with Weathertech support. They said they're not aware of shipping any of their liner products with velcro attachments.

Last edited by Dukat; 10-13-2011 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #27
clarka@csolve.net
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 with M Sport

Sorry guys, I was mistaken about the velcro for the Weathertech liners. My hubby who installed the mats said that he did 'screw in' the mat holder on the driver's side only. He said that there are two plastic t-shaped areas in the carpet on the driver's side floor nearest the seat which are meant for this. You simply push the hardware provided by Weathertech into this plastic area and screw it in by hand. It takes seconds and there are no tools or drilling involved! I assume that this process is the same whether you buy the Weathertech or BMW mats. The only negative if you have the M-sport package is that the pretty dead pedal is partially hidden by the mat.

Here are some pictures of what the mats look like in "real life"!
Attached Images

Last edited by clarka@csolve.net; 10-14-2011 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0