BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #1365
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbu View Post
Having had my 30D M Sport for 3 weeks, my comments on your feature list would be.

Internet is so slow (non 3G) as be be virtually unusable. When would you really use it?

Heated Front Seats may not be used much for the cost. Plus there are a number of reports from the US of them catching fire.

The standard issue speakers seem very good to my ears, worth testing whether Businees Speakers worthwhile.

Electric Seats, Prof Media, Sun Prot Glass & Visability package - well worth while

I wish I had the Extended Storage.

Congrats on choosing a great car.
Many thanks
Interesting comment on the internet option, it will be interesting to see how well it works.
The fire/seat problem is worrying, not heard of that before but I still think worthwhile for the cold weather.
I had a play with the HUD in an M5 and was impressed. Initially I had specced the highest speaker/amp package, again demonstrated in the M5 but downgraded one preferring to spend the money elsewhere.
I have most of the other things in my 5 series (including business speaker package and that was a improvement on the basic package) and they get used every day. They never add value come resale but this is a car I intend to keep for a while. The extended storage was a bit of an afterthought TBH but seemed reasonable value.
I was a bit annoyed DAB didnt come as standard. It does on other models these days. Cant believe the media option is any different to any other model, but hey ho!
The ride was good IMO on standard sport suspension so no VDC and a whole heap better than the X6 that I test drove for a day. That was a really choppy ride on most roads.
Cheers

Last edited by vojak; 03-15-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #1366
vojak
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
Congrats - a big order
Yes, must have made the salesman's day
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #1367
vojak
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedirk View Post
Hi All,

Ordered mine on Saturday for an expected June delivery:

X3 SE 2.0d Auto
Sapphire black
Black interior
Black dash embellishers
Professional multimedia
Heated seats
Solar protection glass

I've spent a lot of time lurking on this site to finalise my options, I was hoping to spend less than I have, but we decided that we had to have the pro nav, but I think we've got a good spec without having added too much to the price.

I think with options you have to really want them as you are definitely going to lose most of their value on trade in and tbh the X3 is specced pretty well as standard.
I was tempted with the black, I had a road test for a day in a black MSport 35d and it looked 'the dogs'
Opted for a DSB in the end.
You'll have fun on Sundays with a bucket and sponge no doubt.
Agree about the options comment. Someone must work out how to split the options to get them the fattest profit. May not get the money back but easier to sell on privately when you come to sell. I note not many X3's on the dealers forecourts are not overly well specc'd with options at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #1368
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Any more photos please plob?

Have confirmed my change of order (from Space Grey SE) to Carbon Black M Sport (Aluminium exterior trim and standard 18" wheels)...

(yes, sponge at the ready!)

QT
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 02:22 AM   #1369
plob
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

Hi QT
If the weather behaves itself this weekend, I hope to give my car a good clean and post some photos.
Any particular details you are interested in?

Cheers
P
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #1370
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Had a "late May" build date from dealer....anyone know - will that be a MY2013??
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #1371
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post
Had a "late May" build date from dealer....anyone know - will that be a MY2013??
SR40X3, that will be a MY2013 as confirmed by my dealer as I have Week 16 build date.
The Eco Pro mode with the buttons next to the gear lever seem to be the new additions to the MY2013 2.0d UK model according to the dealer.
It also shows up in the car configurator on their website.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #1372
SR40X3
Private
Rep

Great swf thanks. Wondering if our cars are being built and shipped at similar times...when is week 16, simple as number of weeks into year or is it that simple?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #1373
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

As per my calender, Week 16 is w/c 16th April, so counting 6-8 weeks delivery after that, am looking at at mid May delivery .. of course subject to confirmation by the dealer.. which I still am waiting for
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #1374
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Week 14 is first week of the new MY (April 2nd).

Week 16 is 3rd week in April.

I am also week 16 with swfrom07 ...

A week 16 build should be delivered some time mid to end of May.

My dealer said:

1 week for build
2 weeks for shipping
10 days for delivery

A late May build is a month later ... so a build date of maybe week 20 with delivery end of June.

... but its all up in the air until it goes into production and even then anything can happen during shipping and delivery.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #1375
SR40X3
Private
Rep

Thanks for info chaps. Although dealer said late May build it also says early June delivery....hmmmm doesn't sound quite right to me. I guess the dealers are just as much in the dark. Oh well, what will be will be...not so bothered either way tbh.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #1376
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

You are right SR40X3, not much we can do but wait

I guess until we get a confirmed build date, its still all up in the air or for that matter as Horsey says even once its on the ship .. My dealer has however said that most of the X3 orders they have put through this year have been brought forward so fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #1377
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Plob, I wouldn't count on it - the forecast isn't great

Anything!

I will have the same external configuration as you (CB with aluminium trim), but mine will be a 2.0D (so black grill - although I could change the grill...). I think that CB is one of those colours that is very difficult to photograph... so I appreciate any photographs

ANy more updates on your owner experience also welcome

Thanks.
QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by plob View Post
Hi QT
If the weather behaves itself this weekend, I hope to give my car a good clean and post some photos.
Any particular details you are interested in?

Cheers
P
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #1378
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
My dealer said:

1 week for build
2 weeks for shipping
10 days for delivery
That's a bit optimistic. Delivery is usually 6th week after build and their system tells them this in black and white (literally - its like MSDOS )!

It will say something like

Build week 16
Est Del Week 22

(16+6=22)

They can come through a week early. Its looking like I'll have mine 5th week after delivery (system says Build Week 9, est Del Week 15 but its looking like it'll be end of week 14).

Better to underpromise and over deliver - your dealers should be telling you 6th week after build.
      03-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #1379
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Actually they did quote 6 weeks ... end of May delivery (looks to be week 22 in my calendar ... but as it is Microsoft Outlook, it could mean anything).

But, when they broke it down, in best case it worked out more like 4.5 - 5.

So yes, the did under promise ... but then they also set parameters for over delivery too

So here is hoping for being pulled from a week 16 to 14 build and then 4.5 week delivery ... and for my next trick a flying pig!

Last edited by Horsey; 03-16-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #1380
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

In reality the delivery time of 6 weeks turns out to be 5 weeks for most UK customers. That was my experience plus others I have read here too.

The MS calandar week numbers can be 'adjusted' in the settings. International companies have 'to agree' which is 'week 1' every year. I dont know what BMW use but it will be the same in US and DE

I am sure the delivery weeks will tick by quickly....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #1381
plob
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post

Anything!
I will have the same external configuration as you (CB with aluminium trim), but mine will be a 2.0D (so black grill - although I could change the grill...). I think that CB is one of those colours that is very difficult to photograph... so I appreciate any photographs

ANy more updates on your owner experience also welcome

Thanks.
QT
Hi QT
I managed to clean the car up this morning and have posted a few photos on the photo/video section of this site. It is strange how the car appears black most of the time but is very noticeably blue when the sun hits it. I like...

One thing I noticed this morning is how sensitive the comfort access is. I am assuming it is using a capacitive touch sensor in the door. Every time I turned my hose pipe on the area of the door handle, it would unlock the car as if it sensed my hand there. Weird.

I'm still loving the car. I like how easy it is to clean - especially the wheels. It is easy to get a brush through the spokes to clean the inside of the wheel rims too.

The comfort access is (IMHO) the "mutt's taters". I tried getting into another car the other day and nearly pulled the handle off the door by mistake

I made my first use of the BMW assist service yesterday when I was trying to find a pharmacy that actually opens on a Saturday. I caused some confusion at first when the car put me through to the emergency call centre. I assured them that this wasn't an emergency and we confirmed that I had selected the right option from iDrive so there was much scratching of heads all round.
I tried again and got through to the right place this time. They were really helpful and found one for me and sent it to my car so I could find my way there. The pharmacy didn't exist in the end but they were at the mercy of what they were being told by the interweb.

I'm interested to find out if I can get the tail lights to come on as daytime running lights too (I did this on my Audi) so that I can run with those luverly angel eyes on for longer. The headlights come on a bit too early for my liking but this is not a big problem.

Despite all the bells, whistles and options that I put on the car, I just seem to enjoy driving the thing. The car is not a real head turner (which is fine by me) but I just love the ride and how relaxing things are. I still keep inventing journeys to nowhere just to see how far away it is.

Cheers for now
Plob
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #1382
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

My order is still 1100 and 3 weeks before it is scheduled to go into build.

I tried to add 6NR yesterday and was told that I would be pushed back 13 weeks if I did ...WTF

I thought you could change spec until the order was locked about a week before build...
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #1383
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Quote:
I tried to add 6NR yesterday and was told that I would be pushed back 13 weeks if I did ...WTF
I think your dealer is just trying to cover the worst case scenario. That sort of change should not affect the build slot that much, if at all. When I changed from SE to MSport I was warned that it could push the build slot back but from the knowledge obtained here, I decided to take the risk. Result- no affect on build slot at all.

My order did, however, come forward 3 weeks and this seems quite common. So perhaps yours is about to do the same and this is why you would lost the slot if you made a change.
      03-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #1384
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw View Post
My order did, however, come forward 3 weeks and this seems quite common. So perhaps yours is about to do the same and this is why you would lost the slot if you made a change.
To quote my dealer ...

"Not good news I’m afraid, I have just had this back from our admin department regarding adding 6NR:

Please be aware this car WILL slip its production slot if we spec change - I just proposed it and the car would slip from week 23 delivery to week 35 delivery (August)."

The question is ... is 6NR worth an extra 12 weeks on top of the 11 for the order as is ...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #1385
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

If you had time on your hands and were happy to go through the messing/pain.... Look at what your discount was with current dealer and what deposit you paid.... Look at some other posters here with quick order times AND big discounts, maybe it is worth your while switching dealers IF you can get 6NR PLUS quick build slot PLUS good discount....? Plus maybe if you then went back to your own dealer the situation might magically improve....

A lot of faff though...

Quote:
To quote my dealer ...

"Not good news I’m afraid, I have just had this back from our admin department regarding adding 6NR:

Please be aware this car WILL slip its production slot if we spec change - I just proposed it and the car would slip from week 23 delivery to week 35 delivery (August)."

The question is ... is 6NR worth an extra 12 weeks on top of the 11 for the order as is ...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #1386
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Err ... I am not sure how the deposits work ... unless they are refundable ... my deposit exceeds even the best discount I have heard of here ...

I would need my deposit back in order to place the order with a new dealer.

While it may be feasible to get my deposit back ... that not my understanding of a deposit!

I only want the integrated iPod control (as opposed to generic media control) ... not fussed about the other stuff App stuff ...

The dealer is trying to get clarification from BMW Germany about what is possible without 6NR ...

Reading the forums seems to imply that "native" iPod control is via "Plugin" which people say is 6NR.

... but I may get lucky ... seeing as apparently there are 2 media cradles ... one for with 6NR and one for without 6NR ...

... I will wait to hear that before escalating the matter.
Appreciate 0