BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #1255
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

The x3 I tried last week had full UK postcode search.

Apparently there is an update which will give previous versions full postcode ... For £400 ... Ouch!!!
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.

Last edited by Horsey; 02-19-2012 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #1256
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbu
When I test drove an early F25 I noticed that the Pro Nav System couldn't handle the full Uk (7 digit) Post Code.

The Salesman promised that MY2012 F25s handle full UK Post Code.

Can anyone confirm that MY2012 F25s do understand all 7 digits of the UK Post Code?

Thanks
Mine handles full UK post codes and was built Jan 2011. I'm pretty sure the one I test drove in Oct 2010 could too

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #1257
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbu View Post
When I test drove an early F25 I noticed that the Pro Nav System couldn't handle the full Uk (7 digit) Post Code.

The Salesman promised that MY2012 F25s handle full UK Post Code.

Can anyone confirm that MY2012 F25s do understand all 7 digits of the UK Post Code?

Thanks
My F25 was built Aug 11 with nav pro and has UK code search/entry mapping - no problem.

That said I also have TomTom I use in a works vehicle and last year I loaded a California map. When I got back I reloaded the UK map but now it does not work with UK codes - only the first 4 digits. I think I have to re-loaded a small app to handle the UK codes.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #1258
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Finally have news on my X3 35d M Sport in Apline White ... it is currently showing as build week 17.

The estimated delivery is week 23.

I have been told that X3 is built in South Carolina USA at the Spartanburg plant and that the delivery time between build and delivery is roughly 8 weeks, with cars taking between 3-4 weeks to come across the water.

Why don't they make them closer to home!

Not sure how I am going to cope with the wait, but I will start with a big wall chart to count down the days ...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #1259
W3dge
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2.0D

Ours was built Sept '11. Full postcode search.
Space Grey, Wheels, Doors and a boot, Pushy Finance Person pack (with optional walk out of dealer mode), Professional Medium Pack, Fully Eclectic Towbar, Autocratic Gearbox, Sporty seats, Heated Arguments, Reversing Assist Camera with Top View, BMW signature sills, Panoramic Glass Roof, have you considered the Pushy Finance Person Pack? ETD 22/12/2012
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #1260
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

Full postcode search works for me too... Typed in Scunthorpe United's postcode for tonights defeat no problems!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #1261
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335D MSport 2016

Garage List
Got my date...........2nd March. Only just over a week to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #1262
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggy1969
Got my date...........2nd March. Only just over a week to go.
Nice one. It's been a long wait! Remember to post some pics

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #1263
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Nice one. It's been a long wait! Remember to post some pics
Will do when I get home. In Eritrea at the moment
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 02:05 AM   #1264
plob
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

Mine appears to be winding its way across the big pond at the moment. ETA at Southampton is 5th of March so maybe I'll get it at the end of the following week. Fingers crossed.
I tried tracking it using the VIN number as suggested by SFAX but that doesn't seem to work for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #1265
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plob View Post
Mine appears to be winding its way across the big pond at the moment. ETA at Southampton is 5th of March so maybe I'll get it at the end of the following week. Fingers crossed.
I tried tracking it using the VIN number as suggested by SFAX but that doesn't seem to work for me.
It's a shame that the VIN tracking doesn't work for lots of people as it was great way to fill in the weeks before delivery. I used to log into that Marine website each day and watch the ship make its way through the English channel. And if you really have too much time on your hands you can watch the port webcams and see X3s coming off the ship!

March delivery will be a nice shiny new '12 plate. I've got a private plate on mine now as it was RF60 and looked old!

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #1266
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's a shame that the VIN tracking doesn't work for lots of people as it was great way to fill in the weeks before delivery. I used to log into that Marine website each day and watch the ship make its way through the English channel. And if you really have too much time on your hands you can watch the port webcams and see X3s coming off the ship!

March delivery will be a nice shiny new '12 plate. I've got a private plate on mine now as it was RF60 and looked old!
My old 3 series must have come from your area. It was RF52. I think it was an ex-vodafone co. car
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 04:46 AM   #1267
plob
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

Quote:
I believe my car is on the ship Integrity. For some reason, I can't even find the ship (I hope it is just out of range and is still actually floating around on the surface)

Then only other ship is Queen Sapphire. I can see that one creeping its way through the English channel at the moment.

Ah well, not only can I not track my car by the VIN number, I can't even find the ship that it is probably sitting on right now - ah well
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:38 AM   #1268
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggy1969 View Post
My old 3 series must have come from your area. It was RF52. I think it was an ex-vodafone co. car
Yep, Vodafone are in Newbury which isn't too far from here. All the Rs are Reading area

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #1269
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plob View Post
I believe my car is on the ship Integrity. For some reason, I can't even find the ship (I hope it is just out of range and is still actually floating around on the surface)

Then only other ship is Queen Sapphire. I can see that one creeping its way through the English channel at the moment.

Ah well, not only can I not track my car by the VIN number, I can't even find the ship that it is probably sitting on right now - ah well
They go off the radar when they are in the middle of the Atlantic but when it hits the English Channel you see it getting updated regularly a la Queen Sapphire.

If you go by delivery date and date of first registration it's my X3's 1st birthday today

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #1270
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I guess mine must be on the Queen Sapphire if it's going to to get to Northern Ireland for the 2nd March
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #1271
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Quote:
If you go by delivery date and date of first registration it's my X3's 1st birthday today

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday sfax X3, Happy Birthday to you.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #1272
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday sfax X3, Happy Birthday to you.
Gee, thanks, is there a cake somewhere? Or maybe some Castrol Synthetic?

1 year in and no major problems. Let's hope that report card remains unmarked at end of year 2

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #1273
Rogerbu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 GO1 30e M Sport

Thanks for the responses on the Postcode question.

All change for me.

I had a 30D X3 M Sport on order via Uk Car Discount. I was aware when I placed the order that it was quite possible that the order might go south. So I was not surprised that after 4 months I had the 'we are sorry but BMW have removed out allocation letter' from Uk Car Discount along with my deposit back to the Credit Card.

If the car had come through I would have got a good discount, but I am not surprised that the order failed.

Tried again with many dealers in the south of England but the max I could get was 2.6%.

Checked on the demo cars and found a 30D M Sport the right colour, with the features I wanted and not too many features I didn't need/want.

The car was first registered mid Jan 2012 (MY2012) with 1,000 miles on the clock at an effective discount of 10.6%.

The part exchange I received was at the top end of my hopes.

Tried the car today and committed. It is being delivered on Friday.

I am well pleased.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #1274
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

All change for me.

I had a 30D X3 M Sport on order via Uk Car Discount. I was aware when I placed the order that it was quite possible that the order might go south. So I was not surprised that after 4 months I had the 'we are sorry but BMW have removed out allocation letter' from Uk Car Discount along with my deposit back to the Credit Card.

If the car had come through I would have got a good discount, but I am not surprised that the order failed.

Tried again with many dealers in the south of England but the max I could get was 2.6%.

Checked on the demo cars and found a 30D M Sport the right colour, with the features I wanted and not too many features I didn't need/want.

The car was first registered mid Jan 2012 (MY2012) with 1,000 miles on the clock at an effective discount of 10.6%.

I am well pleased.
Sorry to hear that. I think that's the 3rd report of a third party pulling out I've seen on this forum. You get your money back but not your time. They shouldn't be allowed to do it but I guess that's the extra risk that comes with the bigger discount - at least you were prepared for it and it sounds like you got a good outcome so well done for that

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #1275
X3_About_Time
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

Yippee!!
I have just had a call from my dealer to say my car is in the UK at the Vehicle Distribution Centre. I had been unable to track it with the full VIN so was expecting it to be on the Queen Sapphire, which I have been tracking. That boat is currently on its way from 'Bimmer Heaven' to Zeebrugge, so I have tracking the wrong boat. I hope to pick up the car from the dealer on 29 Feb or 1 Mar. So that is 7.5 months from order (230 days or 32 weeks).
      02-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #1276
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

I had the same problem, waited nearly 7 months before I was infomed BMW had pulled the plug on BuyAcar BMW orders. 42k was a very good price for a fully loaded X3. Too good to be true.
Happy it has ended ok for you

Quote:

All change for me.

I am well pleased.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0