BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #2377
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Just spoken to my dealer ..... my X3 landed in the UK over the weekend, so all being well I should take delivery early next week ..... doesn't seem too bad ... built on 29th May and offloaded in the UK in just over 3 weeks

For the peace of mind of anyone in the UK trying to track their vehicle via the shippers 'track & trace' system by VIN, mine has never shown up on the system and yet has clearly arrived ..... I played around with various VIN numbers of builds a day or two either side of mine and many of these could be tracked .... difficult to know why some show and some don't !

MS

Last edited by UKMS; 06-24-2013 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #2378
KrisNL
Hero of the Day
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

How long does the boat trip takes? Thought over 3 weeks...
      06-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #2379
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

I was only wondering this morning if you had been given a date yet! Looks right on track then - great news!
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #2380
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisNL View Post
How long does the boat trip takes? Thought over 3 weeks...
From the schedules and routing (and I guess the vessel) it can take anything from 3-6 weeks to the UK, some are pretty much direct and others make several stops before UK.

MS
      06-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #2381
KrisNL
Hero of the Day
Netherlands
Rep

My delivery should be by mid August they said ...
      06-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #2382
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0d SE Titanium Silver

Good luck guys I've had mine since early October last year done 8k miles and I've loved every single mile. Best all round car I've ever owned
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #2383
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

At long last ....... I have my gleaming new toy ....... just driven it for 30 min ..... Its a fantastic drive ! .... Very very happy ! ..... quite a change from my F11 but thats why I purchased it ! .... blown away by the colour HUD and top view camera - expensive but a great option ! .... will post some pics as soon as i can

MS
      07-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #2384
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
At long last ....... I have my gleaming new toy ....... just driven it for 30 min ..... Its a fantastic drive ! .... Very very happy ! ..... quite a change from my F11 but thats why I purchased it ! .... blown away by the colour HUD and top view camera - expensive but a great option ! .... will post some pics as soon as i can

MS
Enjoy! And welcome to the club
      07-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #2385
KrisNL
Hero of the Day
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisNL View Post
My delivery should be by mid August they said ...
Had an update: production starts week 32, delivery in the Netherlands week 38. Means mid September.... Must be the holidays ...
      07-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #2386
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post

MS
Glad you are impressed with yours! I passed 1200 miles this weekend and i'm blown away with mine.

Any initial observations/thoughts on differences between it and the 5 series?
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #2387
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
Glad you are impressed with yours! I passed 1200 miles this weekend and i'm blown away with mine.

Any initial observations/thoughts on differences between it and the 5 series?
Well where do I start ! .....

I'm over the moon with the X3 and glad that i made the switch from the 5. Its so enjoyable to drive and right now I really dont have anything negative to say about it. Im very happy with my choice of colour and trim (Space Grey/Black Leather/Brushed Alu) and also my choice of options.

I know this has been discussed to death about the different engines but the 20d is a joy to drive and for my own circumstances is the perfect balance between initial cost/performance/running costs.

Initial highlights on options for me -

HUD - amazing
Top View Camera - pretty cool !
Pro Sat Nav - quite a step up from previous versions - The traffic system seems a whole lot better and appears to cover more 'A' roads than it used to.
VDC - Very good and makes for a very smooth drive !

Build quality not quite up to the 5, but I already knew that so was not disappointed.

Anyone reading this who is thinking of buying an X3, what I would say, as with any BMW is to spend some time seriously thinking about the options that you spec, there are many that I think could make or break your enjoyment of this vehicle. I would never say anything is a 'must have' because its all down to choice and your intended use of the car but leaving something out for the sake of a small saving could leave you wishing you had it for a very long time

All in all ... quite a long wait but well worth it !!!

MS
      07-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #2388
KrisNL
Hero of the Day
Netherlands
Rep

The test car I drove had the HUD and the Topview camera too. So I decided I was going to order those after the test drive. Impressive and adding joy (and the HUD keeps your eyes on the road).
Must say I am used to a loaded car. Got the fully loaded Z4 now, including satellite, TV, etc... Build quality will be less, but those things you know before you order when you take the time to do some research and read, especially, these kind of forums.

Mine will go shortly into production... well, still got some Summer holidays anyway ...
      07-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #2389
KrisNL
Hero of the Day
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyg View Post
Hi All,

It's finally been built and I have my VIN number. It's been around three weeks since the build but I am still unable to track it on the Wallenius & Wilhelmsen track and trace.
Are there any other companies they use to ship the X3's?

Getting more than a little inpatient with the wait as I know some of you guys ordered around the same time in March and you have your vehicles.
I got my VIN too (not build yet) but can't check it on any of the named websites. Anyone knows a good site where you can check the MY14 ones??

Got an OC79xxx
      07-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #2390
MrFargo13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i M-Sport/2011 328i

Have you tried calling your salesperson to get the name of the ship it's on?
I never could pull it up by VIN, but my salesman was able to identify the ship and I could track it that way. I followed it the whole way and was able to anticipate the date it would be delivered to the dealership even before they called me.
(I live in the states so my experience was with an '11 E90 going the opposite direction)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #2391
KrisNL
Hero of the Day
Netherlands
Rep

Was first trying to figure out if I could get the configuration by the VIN in one of those online databases. VIN has been sent to my dealer, only the car goes into production next week.

I was told the VIN will give you the complete configuration of your car.
      08-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #2392
ClarkeOneNil
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3 2.0D M Sport

New Purchase

Hi, just ordered.

I have been following the forum for a couple of months and decided on the following:

Bmw X3 20d M Sport
Carbon Black
Black Nevada Leather
Brushed Aluminium Trim
Professional Media Package
Visibility Package
Cold Weather Package
Automatic Gearbox
Servotronic Steering
Variable Damper Control
19" 369 M Light Alloy Wheels
Model Designation Deletion
Reversing Assist Camera with Top View
Roof Rails High Gloss Shadowline
Exterior Trim High Gloss Shadowline
Instrument Panel Embellishers, black
Extended Storage
Loudspeaker System - Business Advanced
Internet
Paint/leather Protection - Seal and Protect
Bmw 5 Year Service Inclusive
Luggage Mat
Delivery expected end of September, beginning of October
I have enjoyed reading the posts on here and have picked up various ideas and tips along the way, although this has resulted in a fairly comprehensive option list!
I do intend keeping the car for the long term so thought may as well get what I want at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #2393
ClarkeOneNil
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3 2.0D M Sport

I have just amended my order and changed the front grille to all black. I checked out a previous post with pictures from MattUK and one or two others and really like the look.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #2394
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0d SE Titanium Silver

One year in still smiling no issues whatsoever, last year traded a fully loaded 330d coupe for my 2.0d x3. It is a fairly basic automatic with bt prep and not much additionally. Don't miss the toys, love the space, the ride height and the drive. Can't see me in anything else for some time. I love it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #2395
Gossy
Rep
Drives: X3

2 years on

Thought I'd take a look at the latest posts, my 2011 2.0d is now 24 months old and I've covered just over 25000 miles.

I had to wait 7 months for the delivery which seemed like a year, can't believe you're now getting some shipped in 3-4 weeks.

I still really enjoy driving it, still get a buzz, and no negative points at all, just had the first set of new tyres which is the only outlay of cash I've made since collection from the dealer - I had Pirelli 17" run flats and they still had some wear left but changed for the winter.
Dealers price £225.00 per tyre, Kwikfit £167.00 per tyre, dealer being a bit greedy I think...as they said they could not buy them for that price....

Hope you all enjoy yours as much.
      11-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #2396
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by no golf clubs View Post
One year in still smiling no issues whatsoever, last year traded a fully loaded 330d coupe for my 2.0d x3. It is a fairly basic automatic with bt prep and not much additionally. Don't miss the toys, love the space, the ride height and the drive. Can't see me in anything else for some time. I love it.
Like you ours is not very loaded but has done 19K and every mile has left a big grin..... very please with performance, economy and comfort .
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #2397
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

Ordered mine beginning of October for delivery mid March

I was on the M6 yesterday following an X3 in my chosen colour (Space Grey) - 4 months is going to feel like a very very long time,,,,
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #2398
skansa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Datsun Sunny

mines arriving early. anticipated pickup end Nov earl Dec!! yay nice xmas present :P
Appreciate 0