BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-05-2017, 03:12 AM   #1
ina93
Isa Ali
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Adventures with my AW X3 35i

Apologies if there's already a thread for these kind of photos but thought you guys might like these shots of my 2012 X3 on some small adventures through my country. Hopefully I'll keep it updated over time. Maybe you guys can share some of your adventures too!

The first picture was shot in Icacos which is the southern endpoint of Trinidad. It took roughly 2.5 hours to reach there through mostly winding roads which was quite fun . The view there is breathtaking and it's such a serene place with lots of untouched nature, as you can probably see with all those palm trees in the background.

The second and third pictures were taken on a quarry in east Trinidad. I had to drive up approximately 5 miles of dirt road to reach the site; once again there were lots of winding roads and while I wasn't brave enough to fully disengage the DSC, I did have lots of fun with DTC engaged . On site there were a couple of steep climbs but it wasn't anything the X3 couldn't handle. The third picture was actually taken at the top of the site. There's lots of excavating to be done higher up so maybe I'd get to climb up there next time.

The last picture was taken at Tucker Valley in west Trinidad; it's home to an old US Military Tracking Station. This was taken while at a star gazing event. The skies were a bit too cloudy for more stars to be visible but I think I still managed a decent shot. The milky way is usually visible from this angle so maybe next year I'll get that shot for you guys

Hope you guys like and hope to see some of your adventures!
Attached Images

Crassus229.00
      04-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
alpwhite46
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i Mpkg

Wicked pics!
Your angel eyes are out in that other pic?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #3
ina93
Isa Ali
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpwhite46 View Post
Wicked pics!
Your angel eyes are out in that other pic?
I think the camera just wasn't able to pick it up due to the slow shutter speed used to take the pic. My angle eyes work fine .
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #4
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Thank you for sharing your pictures and storyline, ina93. With the help of GoogleEarth I took a virtual tour of Trinidad while reading your travels as my knowledge of your beautiful location isn't very solid.

The trip up Radio Tower Rd to the old WWII satellite dish (by the Bamboo Cathedral) must be quite a scenic drive. The colors and visual image of the dish you captured in that photo look like something out of a post-apocalyptic movie! Quite a stark contrast with your X3 right next to it.

And touring Icacos beach there were a number of photographs posted which added to how it must have looked for you. I had forgotten how close you are to Venezuela (only about 9 miles across that channel it seems).

Although you didn't mention a town for the quarry pictures it appears there are a number of sites centered around Sangre Grande (E-SE of Valencia). Difficult to tell what they are mining for on the satellite images, but it looks like it was good to have the xDr traction capabilities on some of those roads!

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 07:39 PM   #5
ina93
Isa Ali
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Thank you for sharing your pictures and storyline, ina93. With the help of GoogleEarth I took a virtual tour of Trinidad while reading your travels as my knowledge of your beautiful location isn't very solid.

The trip up Radio Tower Rd to the old WWII satellite dish (by the Bamboo Cathedral) must be quite a scenic drive. The colors and visual image of the dish you captured in that photo look like something out of a post-apocalyptic movie! Quite a stark contrast with your X3 right next to it.

And touring Icacos beach there were a number of photographs posted which added to how it must have looked for you. I had forgotten how close you are to Venezuela (only about 9 miles across that channel it seems).

Although you didn't mention a town for the quarry pictures it appears there are a number of sites centered around Sangre Grande (E-SE of Valencia). Difficult to tell what they are mining for on the satellite images, but it looks like it was good to have the xDr traction capabilities on some of those roads!

Thanks again!
The drive up to the satellite is indeed quite peaceful, first the long straight of Tucker Valley is calm and quiet one. It's also a popular spot for bikers to ride through the many trails in the area.

Icacos is truly beautiful and I will definitely make that drive again. I actually took different routes to go and return; passing through the long winding SS Erin Rd which took me through many small towns on the way to Icacos and the return journey allowed me to see the sun set in my rear view mirror as I drove next to the ocean on Mosquito Creek.

I'm not sure if you saw any pictures of the road which passes through its wetlands but that was also quite a spectacular sight. If you're interested you can check out the shot of my X3 on that road on my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/gp/iali93/Ma421c .

You're right about Venezuela, it's quite visible from the beach on a clear day; I've heard that some actually come into the country from Icacos beach.

As for the quarry, it's a limestone quarry located in the town of Guanapo and is the largest quarry in my country. You do get a beautiful view of the town below though the air was quite hazy on my visit due to Saharan dust in our region these days. Here's a view of that, with the X3 in the way of course
https://flic.kr/p/TzYcHr

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures and the views of my country Max, my island is truly a beautiful one . It's such a shame much of the locals don't take greater care in maintaining it's beauty.
      04-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #6
ina93
Isa Ali
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Another Day, Another Adventure

Today my Ultimate driving machine took me through some trails to see Knolly's Tunnel; an old railway tunnel used between 1898 and 1965. Now it's pretty much unused and basically overrun with bats. There wasn't any steep climbs I had to make to reach; just a really bumpy trail to navigate which probably killed my suspension a bit. Here some pics on the for those interested .
Attached Images

Last edited by ina93; 04-09-2017 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 2
Crassus229.00