BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
Rogerbu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 GO1 30e M Sport

Pro Nav - How do you add waypoints to a destination/trip

I have the Pro Nav system, in general the navigation is good, but I can't find a way to add Waypoints to a trip.

Problem - I set a destination and the nav decides its route (fast, eco or short). I want to go a different way - on all previous nav systems I have added a way point forcing a particular route. On the X3 I haven't found a way to add a waypoint.

I know about 'destination stages', but when using these only the current stage is used/displayed, so I have no idea of arrival time/route at the final destination- Only the route/arrival at the destination stage.

If I use the final destination stage (ie my final destination) it ignores all previous stage destinations and hence ignores my wish to select a particular route. Frustrating

Has anyone found out how to add Waypoints or does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
dfcoelho
Enlisted Member
Portugal
Rep
Drives: '11X3(F25)2.0dA,'13 3(F30)2.0d

Hi,

First you start your navigation for one of the points you want, then you add again a destination (not canceling the previous one) and select something like "add as a new destination" (sorry, I don't know the exact phraseology in English) and choose the order in which you want to proceed via those points. You can add several points this way.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Also, if you select the route options screen it'll show you additional routes you an choose. Or, you can start driving Te way you want to go and it'll gradually adjust. Many times this sort of begs the question why you want the Nav guidance since you know the route you want, not always, though.