BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
derSpeed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 35i M sport

New and confused...

Hi: I'm Bryan. New to this form. I traditionally drive Audis and Mercedes vehicles. I just bought a 2007, X3 as somewhat of a transitional vehicle. I had an SUV and a Benz sedan and recently decided I wanted an inexpensive all around vehicle until I decide what my next toy will be. The X3 I purchased is exceptional. Red, 48,000mi, NAV, leather, and other cool stuff. I am very impressed with it so far. The performance is adequate and it is surprisingly fun to drive. I am seriously considering the new M version as my next "fun car" because of how well this X3 does everything.

I do have some complaints, however, and was wondering if one issue I am having is common. I have done a lot of research because I hate when new guys ask questions without doing so. It happens in every German car forum where I am a member. Anyway, have I been reading about the squeaky door seals and interior paint flaking (unacceptable in my opinion). Both are issues with my X3. Not big issues though because I have fixes for both. The issue that concerns me, however, is that the front doors seem to be rubbing the rear doors inside the seam where they meet (not touch) when closed. It's not major, but still odd on a car that originally cost $51,000.00 +. On the front doors the paint wear looks as if the doors were opened into other cars by careless drivers (like traditional door edge damage). I am assuming (because you can hear them move as the seals squeak) the doors are moving because of body flex. Is this issue unique to my X3, or have others experienced the same thing?

I'd really appreciate any help. If it's a common issue, I am not worried. If I am the only one, I need to look into this further.

Thank you for your time.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
johndeeveer
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3 2007 black full option

Garage List
No problem with mine, all 4 doors close as a solid rock with a smooth "kling"....
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
derSpeed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 35i M sport

Thank you johndeever. They close fine. And yes, with a "kling" and sadly not a "thunk." Regardless, I really like the car. I am just wondering if the well-documented seal sqeaking is warning of a different issue. The problem, if it can even be called a problem, is very minor and I am not worried. Just curious.
Appreciate 0