BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
VDC Suspension

I think there are several threads running about the various options around suspension settings.

For me, deleting the M Sport suspension and adding VDC was done for 2 reasons..

1. All the reviews in the UK state how good the normal suspension is with VDC. Admittedly, all the review cars seem to have it, and others have suggested that this could just be BMW's way of getting people to buy it.

2. A friend of mine who had the X5 with M Suspension said that it was the one thing he felt was too harsh.

Since the UK is renowned for having such high quality roads.. this is what I went for this.

Over the last few days I've been doing the same routes in normal and sport suspension mode to compare the differences.. I"m very happy with the call. Worth noting that I have not driven the normal M suspension on an X3, since there has never been one available to test.

Standard non sports on the VDC is very comfortable, passengers comment how comfortable it is, and there is only a slight hint of roll into some corners. Switching to Sports mode, you can tell the ride is harder, but going into corners there is no roll.. and it feels almost perfectly setup, and you feel like you are actually in a smaller car like a 3 series.

Pleased with the decision!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

FYI,

The only difference between sports suspension (it's not called M sport suspension on the X3) & VDC are the dampers as they share both springs & anti-roll bars.
Therefore sports suspension can be considered as VDC permanently fixed on sports mode.
Appreciate 0