BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
Nicktian
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M package

Angry Car problem, need a advance

Hello everyone,

I’m a BMW car owner as everyone here. I’m going to talk about the things happened to me and hope I can get any help here.

I was purchased a 2011 X3 in the end of the April. I found lot of problems since I pick the car up and back to my city, such as loud engine noise and computer system problem, loud wind noise and so on. (The BMW dealership that in my city does not has the x3 in stock, so I bought the car in Toronto)

I went to the dealership which is in my city at least 5 times, they told me they cannot fix the problems happened to my car, and they told me that I have to bring my car to my purchased dealer. Then I drive my car to the original dealer in Toronto 3 times (in the first two times, They just did the regular check to my car, and book an appointment for me, but my home is very far from Toronto, 5 hours drive to there) They kept my car few days in the last time, and told me that they already fixed all the problems. BUT! When I pick up the car, I found the problems are still there, nothing changed! Then I back to the dealer immediately, and ask for re-fix they told me I have to re-book an appointment which means I need back to my city and after few weeks come back again.

I found their sales manager to talk about the problem, the manager said he will forward my service history to BMW Canada see what they can do. Then I back to my city wait for the reply. But until last week I still did not get any reply from the manager and every time I called him nobody answer the phone, I left voice mail he never call me back. So I contact my sales person last week ask about my case and want the manager call me. Finally the manager called me, told me he still wait for reply! (At that time, I already wait his answer for almost 3 month)

Today I got an email from my sales person (not directly from the manager). I attached the email here was the manager sent BMW Canada and how BMW Canada get back to him.

“Hi Mike,
We have a customer that recently purchased a 2011 X3 for us and lives in the Ottawa area. He has a number of issues surrounding the car and the 2011 X3 was a cash purchase. Based on the service history can BMW offer him some type of compensation in order to trade his way out of the car? I've attached the service history records from both dealers. I've yet to have the car appraised....he is looking at replacing it with 5 series or another X3.
Thanks,
John

John, the case has been reviewed and regrettably no offer of compensation will be made. The client has experienced a couple of issues but he has never been left stranded or had a major malfunction and does not justify removing him from the vehicle. Any offer of compensation would be an insult to the customer as it would be a very small amount and not to move him from the vehicle but to apologize for the inconvenience which I do not believe the customer is interested in. "

After read the email I feel very unhappy. The manager lie on me before, it’s seems like this is the first time he contact BMW CANADA about my cause. From the email he didn’t contact BMW Canada ever and I am not sure what mean is never been left stranded or had a major malfunction?!

I am planning to contact BMW Canada directly, and explain my issue to them. Can any body give me some advance or idea what I should do right now.

Thank you
Appreciate 0