BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Lost lumbar controls for F25 LCI - FIXED

Lost lumbar controls recently. Plugged ISTA and ran diagnostics and it did not pull any codes related to this failure. The only thing that ISTA complained about was that ECU parameters where not correct when i ran ECU functions again SM module which controls seating functions. Ran a search and apparently there is little to no information on this so i decided to check the fuse related to the SM module. Its turns out that there are 7 or 8 fuse for the seat functions alone. I found the problem with fuse number 67 which is on the front fuse block behind the glove box. Please refer to the fuse chart as the fuse blocks are not marked at all. Hope this helps.

Credit to Lotus7 for the pictures
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
Barbera335
Captain
Rep
Drives: F25

A fuse is rarely the problem. Something is drawing too much amperage and blowing the fuse. It may be intermittent but it will fail again.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbera335 View Post
A fuse is rarely the problem. Something is drawing too much amperage and blowing the fuse. It may be intermittent but it will fail again.
According to the fuse map, fuse #67 only deals with lumbar controls. There is nothing else that uses this fuse other than what came with the car. The car is 100 percent stock. So i dont think it is a problem with power drawing.
This is the first time it has done it in a span of 3 years. I believe it happened when they work on my car for the ISO points recall. I will keep and eye on it... Much Appreciated...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 11:51 AM   #4
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbera335 View Post
Sir. You were absolutely right. My fuse blew again. I just do not know when since these controls do not get used often. Any pointers as to how to troubleshoot this problem?
Appreciate 0