BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #2069
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Looks great QT! After the t-storms that went through this part of the UK earlier today I'm kinda glad I'm not picking up mine until tomorrow!

Enjoy though, and nice house BTW
      06-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #2070
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Very nice QT, really looks good in CB.
Congrats and enjoy it.

Yeltzer not long to go for you now.. nearly there..

800 miles in 2 weeks and I keep on thinking of excuses to drive it. It can take upto 30 minutes to go and get a pint of milk only to realise I forgot to get the loaf of bread not that I am complaining
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #2071
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Looks great QT...the colour chrome wheel combo looks fantastic...really nice, great choice!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #2072
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Well my mother-in-law is a 300 mile round trip and we are now visiting her once a month! - used to be every 3 months at most!
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #2073
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post

Yeltzer not long to go for you now.. nearly there
Just the last 19 agonising hours!! Incidentally I saw 3 F25's on the way home tonight. If you were on the M5 near J5 about 5.30 in a black 20d SE with reg no. ending YRY you were driving like a tw4t!
      06-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #2074
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Thank you - I really do like it!

Yeltzer - it wasn't me! Mine is an M Sport and nowhere near Jct 5 of the M5

Funny you should say that.... I don't often see many F25s. Then today, driving my own, I saw two difference M Sports within about 30 minutes (one white and one black).

First impressions (but only done about 25 miles around town a few times):
- Love the looks.
- Was getting worried about Carbon Black, but it IS a fab colour. I was worried that is might be "too blue", but it really isn't: it is black, but with more depth and a "hint of blue" (in the right light).
- Was getting worried if I had done the wrong thing going for Aluminium exterior trim and roof rails (which isn't very M Sport). I was wrong - the contrast works really well with the CB. The Saphire Black M Sport (with black trim and roof rails), that I saw today, looked rather "drab" in comparison (ok, mine was rather cleaner - may have helped!). The aluminium trim highlights the wheels and the back lights and makes the wheels look less "tiny" (I only have the 18"). I guess it is a "contrast" thing: the black trim and roof rails look brilliant on the White and Silver, but the aluminium do look very good on the darker colours.
- Love the M Sport trim (smooth, painted bodywork - no black plastic) even more than I thought I would. The car has lots of curves and angles that make it very attractive.
- Was worried that the 18" wheels looking small - well they don't.
- The X3 always looks better in the flesh, than in photos: you don't get a good impression of the size and pressence in photos...
- Love the Xenons - brilliant (espcially with CB).
- Love the comfort access (I have a toddler) and the power tailgate.
- Have been trialing the "start/stop" with my recent curtesy car (new 3 Series) and have got into the habit of automatically turning it off. Forgot once and think that the "restart" feels more "jarring" with the 2.0D (the 3 Series was a 2.8i petrol).
- Love the driving position (height) - I haven't had an SUV before.
- Loading and unloading toddler from his carseat in the back seat is a lot better for me (I am 5'4") than a saloon car.
- I am "adapting" to the 2.0D engine: at the moment it isn't a great comparison to the 2.8i in the 3 Series (not a huge surprise!). The gearbox also feels like it behaves differently with the 2.0D, than with the 2.8i: not sure if that is correct or just my perception. The 2.0D will be fine for what I need the car for (and I will get used to it), but I can see the attraction of a 3.0D.
- I need to be more "positive" with the brakes than with the 3 Series. I am guessing that is because of the added weight/momentum.
- Love the steering (went for the servotronic) - spot on: light, but not too light - very easy to drive.
- Have VDC. Haven't tested the various modes. I can't remember what the non-VDC X3 drove like, but like what I have with VDC.
- Love the parking sensors and the reversing camera: particularly useful in a fairly large car.
- Professional Satnav and all the online services look great (haven't had time to test them much).
- The M Sport steering wheel is taking some getting used to: I am not sure it is brilliant if you have small hands (looks like I do).
- Really like the dark headlining with teh black leather. You might think that it was all a bit dark (I don't have a sun roof), but it isn't - it looks very good.

So far, after a very short ownership, it is great car . Now praying it doesn't rain and spoil that "showroom finish"....

Yeltzer, thank you very much for the compliment for my house. We are actually looking to sell it

Have a brilliant day tomorrow. Yeltzer, and please post some photos and thoughts
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 02:33 AM   #2075
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie
I picked mine up this morning
Congrats.

Looks lovely.

Enjoy!
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #2076
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you Horsey.

Have fun Yeltzer and hope that the rain stays away (like it did for me yesterday)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #2077
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
Have fun Yeltzer and hope that the rain stays away (like it did for me yesterday)
Ta. The sun is shining over Worcestershire at the moment, so fingers crossed! Only 6 hours left
      06-29-2012, 03:24 AM   #2078
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
Ta. The sun is shining over Worcestershire at the moment, so fingers crossed! Only 6 hours left
It just pee'd down in Bath.... There goes my nice, clean, shiney car....

Hopefully it will miss you
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #2079
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Hello not been around for a few months, but afrter my short lived X3 ownership last year I am seriously thinking about ordring another one.

Have the waiting lists reduced at all? (I waited 9 months last time) and have they changed any significant specs since last Year?
      06-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #2080
charlie67
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
Hello not been around for a few months, but afrter my short lived X3 ownership last year I am seriously thinking about ordring another one.

Have the waiting lists reduced at all? (I waited 9 months last time) and have they changed any significant specs since last Year?
Hi. Ordered end of May and expecting end of July. Initially told 5 months. So very pleased.
      06-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #2081
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie67 View Post
Hi. Ordered end of May and expecting end of July. Initially told 5 months. So very pleased.
That sounds good. Will be chatting to my dealer tomorrow so will see what they say.
      06-30-2012, 02:27 AM   #2082
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just the last 19 agonising hours!! Incidentally I saw 3 F25's on the way home tonight. If you were on the M5 near J5 about 5.30 in a black 20d SE with reg no. ending YRY you were driving like a tw4t!
Lol not me, nowhere near the M5, thats the other side of the country from me...

Hope you are enjoying the new car and do post some pics when you get time
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #2083
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post

welcome back washy If I was starting over i would get a 30d this time round. Mostly because there isn't much in the fuel economy, you have more power when you need it and it's quieter when idling. Think the price diff is about 4k when you take auto into account

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #2084
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Yeltzer - to keep you going until tomorrow

I picked mine up this morning (2.0D M Sport in CB, with Black leather, with lots of toys). Posting photos now and will post thoughts later (probably after the toddler has gone to bed).

Was very glad that the weather stayed ok to get some photos - will not look quite so nice after the rain that we are probably about to have!
Looks fantastic, congrats. I prefer the M sport in CB with alu trim personally so I think you made the right decision. The 18s and VDC should give you a more comfortable ride too. I think the look would be improved slightly with a titanium grille, particularly as you have alu trim - see Bimmer UK 76's pics for an example of black with Ti grille. He persuaded me to switch to a titanium-look grille and I'm pleased I did

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #2085
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well, I finally picked her up!! Here are some photos

Will write up a full review in due course, but a couple of questions first of all:

When I press the start/stop button to turn the ignition off, the audio keeps playing until you physcially lock the car. This is annoying! Is there any way to set the car so the audio cuts out automatically when you kill the ignition?

Secondly, after saving a couple of CD's to the HDD, the car has recognised some CD's but not others. How do I go about editing the name of the 'audio CD' within iDrive?

Thanks all and enjoy the pics
Attached Images

07-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #2086
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Yeltzer

Looks beautiful! I do like the M Sport in White... Hope that you are having fun

Can help with the first question. Press "start/stop" a second time, but make sure that your footy isn't on the brake. If it isn't on the brake, then pressing the button a second time kills the radio etc. If your foot is on the brake, then pressing the button starts the ignition again.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #2087
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeltzer

Looks beautiful! I do like the M Sport in White... Hope that you are having fun

Can help with the first question. Press "start/stop" a second time, but make sure that your footy isn't on the brake. If it isn't on the brake, then pressing the button a second time kills the radio etc. If your foot is on the brake, then pressing the button starts the ignition again.
Excellent - thank you for the tip! It was really annoying me! Am defo having fun (and enjoying the drive!). Hope you are too QT. Am loving finally being part of the F25 family
      07-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #2088
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Will write up a full review in due course, but a couple of questions first of all:

When I press the start/stop button to turn the ignition off, the audio keeps playing until you physcially lock the car. This is annoying! Is there any way to set the car so the audio cuts out automatically when you kill the ignition?

Secondly, after saving a couple of CD's to the HDD, the car has recognised some CD's but not others. How do I go about editing the name of the 'audio CD' within iDrive?

Looks really good Yeltzer... hope you had a good time over the weekend.

Have now done 1000 miles (mix of motorways, A roads and city traffic) and mpg of 44.2 isnt too bad ..it will only get better in time...well chuffed with the car and the ride quality is really good.

No Pro Nav so cant answer the 2nd question but agree with QT with regards to switching the audio cut off.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #2089
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Yeltzer

Good information, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #2090
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:

Looking good.....
Appreciate 0