BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #45
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
Hmm, that can be a bit hard. How can I force it to talk? I guess by forcing it to say "Say a command" over and over and over again... lol But even so, where is the control for it? Is it in Settings>Volume?

I don't recall if it is just turn the volume knob, use the Volume Up/Down switch on the steering wheel, or either. It's definitely not done with the iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #46
02420X3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX3OK View Post
Ok help! Is there two versions of nav? I dont get the traffic alerts? What am i missing? I have the 2012 28i tech package full screen etc.
Try using voice command "Traffic Info", or while on the map screen, click left with your iDrive, then scroll to and select the yellow triangle. If you have realtime traffic info then either of those actions will bring it up on a split nav screen.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #47
FX3OK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX3OK View Post
Ok help! Is there two versions of nav? I dont get the traffic alerts? What am i missing? I have the 2012 28i tech package full screen etc.
Try using voice command "Traffic Info", or while on the map screen, click left with your iDrive, then scroll to and select the yellow triangle. If you have realtime traffic info then either of those actions will bring it up on a split nav screen.
Thanks 0242, i ll try the voice command. But going thru the manual instructions i dont see the yellow triangle etc. do i have to subscribe to real time traffic? Really frustrating ... My cheap garmin provided traffic alerts for free..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #48
02420X3
Captain
Rep

FX3OK, I just noticed that you are in Canada. I don't believe that RTTI is available in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #49
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop View Post
At first I wasn't sure if my nav was just stupid, telling me to park a half mile away from my destinations and take these very roundabout ways. Now after trying to use it in a downtown area, it is just completely inaccurate. One time it was telling me I was traveling perpendicular to the road I was actually on, and other times it was saying I was on a road parallel to the one I was traveling on, even though it was at least a couple hundred yards away. Anyone else have this issue?
I have not seen this on my BMW's Nav, but I have an Alpine in my Honda Accord, and it has done it, but corrects itself after a couple miles or turns. You might want to run this by the service dept at your BMW dealership. I use my Nav for work, use it everyday... its packed with features, and you've got to spend some time with it to understand how to get the most out of it. I enjoy being able to send my destinations to my BMW via Google Maps - and simply getting in my car, and in a couple of clicks, I'm on my way. Yes, its been very accurate too. Ask the dealer....
      04-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #50
FX3OK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3
FX3OK, I just noticed that you are in Canada. I don't believe that RTTI is available in Canada.
Would that be bmw in canada? Most gps units here have the traffic alerts etc (i am assuming the rtt radio signal). Any canadian owners have info on this?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #51
bluedevils
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 XDrive 35i

Quote:
Yes, I was! Try setting the nav to bring you to the Nassau Coliseum from the Meadowbrook Parkway southbound approach. Would be interesting if you get the same. Listen to what the voice says and then watch your iDrive ramp indicator.
I did not get the same error you got. I exited on M4 and it knew all along (voice and display) where I was and where I was going. I just realized my destination was hofstra University. Next time I will make it the coliseum.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #52
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Did it direct you to the Hempstead Turnpike after the M4 exit when you had Hofstra as the destination? When I have the Coliseum as the destination, the voice has me take Charles Lindberg after the M4 exit (which I normally do anyway) yet the ramp indicator is telling me to exit at M5 now after I've already exited at M4, thinking I missed M4. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #53
bluedevils
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 XDrive 35i

Quote:
Did it direct you to the Hempstead Turnpike after the M4 exit when you had Hofstra as the destination? When I have the Coliseum as the destination, the voice has me take Charles Lindberg after the M4 exit (which I normally do anyway) yet the ramp indicator is telling me to exit at M5 now after I've already exited at M4, thinking I missed M4. lol
It directs me to the lindberg exit and it doesn't think I'm still on the parkway.
Appreciate 0