BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #89
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Nope, called today, not at desk, will call me back, took name and number. Never does.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #90
julesjen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Nope, called today, not at desk, will call me back, took name and number. Never does.
I can understand your frustration, but i,m sure it must have been on the Elektra but its annoying they don,t phone you back,keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #91
Rcluff
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Yep and miss ). No don't think you did. There were a number of VNs which were really close to mine on the ship. Just not mine. Did anyone go for the chrome exhaust end? Do you know if you have to pay to fit? Got one on order but garage not sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #92
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcluff View Post
Yep and miss ). No don't think you did. There were a number of VNs which were really close to mine on the ship. Just not mine. Did anyone go for the chrome exhaust end? Do you know if you have to pay to fit? Got one on order but garage not sure.
It's a DIY job. Bimmer UK 76 found out. Think it's just a push on and clip.

Are you getting a titanium look front grille too? I'm in two minds so will pick up without and then decide after.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #93
Rcluff
Enlisted Member
Rep

Not thought about that one ummm. Probably get without and add later if I think it needs it. Getting it delivered on 3rd Mar to hit the new plate. Not sure I can wait another 2 weeks... But suppose what's another 2 weeks after such a long wait! At least i can now get rid of the well thumbed brochure from the bedside!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #94
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not thought about that one ummm. Probably get without and add later if I think it needs it. Getting it delivered on 3rd Mar to hit the new plate. Not sure I can wait another 2 weeks... But suppose what's another 2 weeks after such a long wait! At least i can now get rid of the well thumbed brochure from the bedside!!!!!
Haha, I think I'd need a new brochure if I had to wait any longer!

Spoke to my dealer (obviously I called back, my 11:30 call was never returned) and my X3 is apparently on a transporter and they're expecting it tomorrow so I can pick up next week. No chance of an 11 plate unless I pay VAT @ 20% which would cost me £1100 so def not worthwhile. I get the impression that delaying the pick up would make no difference to the reg. Will know delivery date tomorrow

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #95
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

... and today I finally got confirmation from my dealer. But for me it wasn't that my car's in the country it was that they've finally received the order from my fleet company. ETD: Sep-Oct 2011. Ouch.
      02-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #96
Rcluff
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ouch. Long wait. Thing you'll need therapy to get through it! ).
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #97
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
... and today I finally got confirmation from my dealer. But for me it wasn't that my car's in the country it was that they've finally received the order from my fleet company. ETD: Sep-Oct 2011. Ouch.
Ouch! Don't worry though, I have a plan to expedite UK X3 deliveries.

1. Wait until May when Obama comes to the UK (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12497265)

2. Kidnap him

3. Tell America that they're not having him back until they honour their so called special relationship with the UK and fast track all UK orders at Spartanburg

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #98
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Did anyone go for the chrome exhaust end? Do you know if you have to pay to fit? Got one on order but garage not sure.
Picked up my chrome exhaust trim whilst having my 520 serviced today, I will post a picture tomorrow (DIY, push fit)

The Titanium Grille is also DIY job

(BTW my X3 is still 6 weeks away)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #99
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Ouch! Don't worry though, I have a plan to expedite UK X3 deliveries.

1. Wait until May when Obama comes to the UK (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12497265)

2. Kidnap him

3. Tell America that they're not having him back until they honour their so called special relationship with the UK and fast track all UK orders at Spartanburg
First of all, coming from someone who is loving his new X3, and who also has the highest regard for anything British, especially little green cars that tend to leak fluids, you have my sincere condolences for having to endure such long waits. Waiting 7-weeks for mine was a test of patience for me..

However, even though I like Mr Obama and what he's trying to do for my country, you might find your plan backfiring if implemented. There are plenty of Americans who would probably be very happy to trade Mr. O. for a boatload of new X3's. Be careful what you wish for!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #100
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Date confirmed as 7th October so I'm now in "it's just a car mode" which of course explains the irony me being on the forum on a Friday evening.

I'm thinking of the positives ... by then the cold weather package will be useful immediately

I'm still in an Audi A5 which is under 3 years old and that's still a cracking car ... it's just starting to get a bit cramped in the back for my two boys.

I'm just hoping BMW can up their production rate. I saw this happen with the A5 which was also a new model when I ordered it.

And the big plus, of course, is that you guys will have ironed out all the niggles by the time mine gets here. I relish the schadenfreude of posting how my car's arrived with updated firmware etc as some of you are posting about your cars being back in the workshop again and how it's been there more than it's been on the road

Bitter? Me? No....
      02-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #101
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It's a DIY job. Bimmer UK 76 found out. Think it's just a push on and clip.

Are you getting a titanium look front grille too? I'm in two minds so will pick up without and then decide after.
Pics of genuine 20d exhaust trim
Attached Images

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #102
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Pics of genuine 20d exhaust trim
Too nice to stick on an exhaust pipe. I think you should mount it on a walnut base and use it as a paperweight. Bound to make an interesting conversation piece.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #103
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

+1
      02-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #104
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Date confirmed as 7th October so I'm now in "it's just a car mode" which of course explains the irony me being on the forum on a Friday evening.

I'm thinking of the positives ... by then the cold weather package will be useful immediately

I'm still in an Audi A5 which is under 3 years old and that's still a cracking car ... it's just starting to get a bit cramped in the back for my two boys.

I'm just hoping BMW can up their production rate. I saw this happen with the A5 which was also a new model when I ordered it.

And the big plus, of course, is that you guys will have ironed out all the niggles by the time mine gets here. I relish the schadenfreude of posting how my car's arrived with updated firmware etc as some of you are posting about your cars being back in the workshop again and how it's been there more than it's been on the road

Bitter? Me? No....
It will fly by Tuff. And remember you can waste hours in the final 2 months trying to track it all the way across the Atlantic and then to Germany and Sweden before it arrives with great fanfare at Southampton Docks

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #105
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Uh oh, the Schadenfreude is coming out . . . .
      02-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #106
Rcluff
Enlisted Member
Rep

Looks really good. Hope it holds up well! Might be a bugger to keep clean ).
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #107
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Updated timeline and info on first post

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #108
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
When are you picking up? Or do you still need me to go for you?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 03:47 AM   #109
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Quote:
When are you picking up? Or do you still need me to go for you?
I could have picked up today but it's my son's 1st birthday party and hectic!! I also have some last minute negotiating going on re. the '11 plate that needs to be resolved first. Should have a date on Monday (finally)

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 05:05 AM   #110
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e 2018

Quote:
I could have picked up today but it's my son's 1st birthday party and hectic!! I also have some last minute negotiating going on re. the '11 plate that needs to be resolved first. Should have a date on Monday (finally)
SFAX- Question?

Who did you deal with a Cooper Reading, Matt or Simon or ??? regarding status updates on your X3 order, just want to get ready to start pushing for updates in the next few months? Or did reception give you the updates?
Appreciate 0