BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #2245
billshoreham
Rep
Drives: e91 320d msport

dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
There are also a few companies making fully integrated aftermarket DAB options whereby a small interior aerial is stuck on one of the windscreens and an FM channel is used for all the DAB stations. I think AutoDAB is one of the companies if I recall correctly from BMW Car Magazine. Price as about £399 fitted.
Ordered DAB on my X3 in May this year. Really loved it until it failed after a week!

The "head Unit" had to be replaced,on B/O from the factory so I am not the only one.

There must be a physical piece of kit there, not just programming.
May be relevant to retro-fitting
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #2246
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by billshoreham View Post
Ordered DAB on my X3 in May this year. Really loved it until it failed after a week!

The "head Unit" had to be replaced,on B/O from the factory so I am not the only one.

There must be a physical piece of kit there, not just programming.
May be relevant to retro-fitting
There is a piece in the latest BMW Magazine about retro fit DAB; yours for £299 Fully Installed.

http://bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/accessories/d...tSource=vanity
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #2247
dchao
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

Are dealers still quoting 3 month delivery?

I went to my dealer last week, was quoted a 6 month wait. I said no way. I ordered an X1 instead.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #2248
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchao View Post

I went to my dealer last week, was quoted a 6 month wait. I said no way. I ordered an X1 instead.
The orders I've seen recently for the UK have all been 3 months or under.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #2249
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchao View Post

The orders I've seen recently for the UK have all been 3 months or under.
+1 all less than 3 months. Should have tried a different dealer but clearly didn't need an X3 anyway if ordered an X1 which is much smaller

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #2250
amcintosh
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d M Sport Auto

I think I will be around the 3 month mark. Ordered 12th September, build is next week around 8th November, hoping to take delivery mid December
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #2251
Andyh747
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I've just ordered my new X3 from my local dealership and have been given an estimated delivery date of the 14th February 2013.

On another note has anyone had Autoglym Lifeshine offered to them on their purchase? The dealer is pushing it saying you get £200 back when you trade the car in for another BMW. However the cost from BMW is £499 but they're reducing the cost to £399.

Personally I don't buy the claims made by either the dealership or Autoglym. You can buy the kits off eBay for less than £100.

Any comments on this product?

Sorry to ask this query here but I wasn't allowed to start a new thread. Something about restrictions on my account
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #2252
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyh747 View Post
I've just ordered my new X3 from my local dealership and have been given an estimated delivery date of the 14th February 2013.

On another note has anyone had Autoglym Lifeshine offered to them on their purchase? The dealer is pushing it saying you get £200 back when you trade the car in for another BMW. However the cost from BMW is £499 but they're reducing the cost to £399.

Personally I don't buy the claims made by either the dealership or Autoglym. You can buy the kits off eBay for less than £100.

Sorry to ask this query here but I wasn't allowed to start a new thread. Something about restrictions on my account
I wouldn't pay for this unless I could be convinced of the value. So my advice would be to avoid this classic add-on sale item + Watch out for overpriced GAP insurance as well. Do get the 5 year service pack for £350(?)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #2253
Andyh747
Enlisted Member
Rep

Couldn't agree more about GAP insurance. I won't be paying for the Autoglym either. Especially as the entire kit is available on eBay for a fraction of the cost.

I got the five year service deal thrown in for free.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #2254
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Don't pay £399 for the dealer to wax your car. Buy the stuff yourself and either do it yourself or pay someone to detail it. They normally offer this for free as part of the price negotiation. I had something similar thrown in as a deal sweetener and there were a few places where wax hadn't been buffed off properly - big clumps of it. Wouldn't trust them to do it personally

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 03:00 AM   #2255
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:

AUTOGLYM IS TOTAL CRAP AND £10 ON E BAY.
      11-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #2256
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

That's much more succinct John!

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #2257
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
AUTOGLYM IS TOTAL CRAP AND £10 ON E BAY.
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #2258
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

For tips on products etc for washing, polishing and waxing, see this thread

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510026

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 03:25 AM   #2259
Andyh747
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks all for confirming what I already thought

I shall have a look at the thread and save myself some money. Still having heart palpitations on what I've spent already
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #2260
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Thanks all for confirming what I already thought

I shall have a look at the thread and save myself some money. Still having heart palpitations on what I've spent already
I always use "Colonite double coat 476" two coats and job done for some months, it's very good and easy to apply.
      11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #2261
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep

DAB Standard on BMW from January

FYI

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/bmws...cle2b_headline

All new BMW and Mini cars will have DAB digital radio as standard from January 2013.

BMW has yet to reveal what price increases will be applied when the DAB-enabled cars go on sale; however it currently offers a retro-fit option for £299.

In addition to DAB radio, BMW says that from January all versions of the 1 Series and the X3 will get its Professional Radio system with 6.5-inch monitor as standard. Three-door versions of the 1 Series will also get rain sensors and automatic headlights as standard in SE, Sport, Urban and M Sport trims.

DAB radio: where are we now?
Car makers have set a self-imposed deadline to offer all new cars with DAB radio by the end of 2013. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) believes this target is achievable.

'Significant progress has been made in developing the content and coverage of digital radio,' said SMMT chief executive Paul Everitt. 'The industry is on a firm footing to deliver its commitment to fit all new cars with digital radio by the end of 2013, and digitally enable all vehicles by 2015.'

CAP, the car data company, says the uptake of DAB radio is experiencing a sharp increase. The organisation's new vehicle data expert, David Saville, said: 'In the first quarter of 2010, only 3.8% of vehicles registered had DAB radio as standard, with 33% of the rest having it available as a cost option. By the third quarter of this year 25.5% of cars registered had DAB as standard, and 26% of the remainder sold had it available as a cost option.'

The analogue radio switch-off was originally planned for 2015, but there are concerns this might be delayed. The Government has promised to support the analogue signal until 50% of radio listening is conducted through a DAB receiver – the current figure is just 31%.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #2262
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

DAB / 'Professional radio'

Hi - Newbie alert!

Hopefully i'm going into the Dealer's tomorrow to order mine. Just spotted philtrick123's post ....I may be naive, but would this mean that this would apply to cars built from January? or ordered from January?

Thanks

Also - Please comment on spec I have in mind...

M Sport Package, 2.0d Manual
Deep Sea Blue
Exterior trim, matt aluminium
Black Nevada leather
Fineline Wave wood interior trim
Roof rails, matt aluminium
Reversing Assist camera
Windscreen with grey shade band
Panoramic glass sunroof
Sun protection glass
Extended storage
Seat heating, front

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #2263
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by am36 View Post
Hi - Newbie alert!

Hopefully i'm going into the Dealer's tomorrow to order mine. Just spotted philtrick123's post ....I may be naive, but would this mean that this would apply to cars built from January? or ordered from January?

Thanks

Also - Please comment on spec I have in mind...

M Sport Package, 2.0d Manual
Deep Sea Blue
Exterior trim, matt aluminium
Black Nevada leather
Fineline Wave wood interior trim
Roof rails, matt aluminium
Reversing Assist camera
Windscreen with grey shade band
Panoramic glass sunroof
Sun protection glass
Extended storage
Seat heating, front

Cheers!
If you can order now and still pay extra for DAB, I would assume it's orders placed from January 2013, not produced from this date. Date of production is not known at time of order

Options are very subjective but the option that is always top of my list even when ordering previous less expensive cars like a Golf GTI is XENONS. Would sacrifice most of my my options for xenons if I didn't have them. Sunroof is fantastic and I love it but no way I would choose it over xenons. You'll understand the first time you see your X3 coming towards you with its angel eyes on display

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #2264
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Sfax, 2 years since we were addicted to the 'build your X3' Configurator!

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #2265
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Thanks for the prompt reply Sfax...will ask at the Dealer's, though guessed that I would receive more info on here! The Xenon's are top of my potential late wish list - i've been researching them to try and find out what they will do for me. I don't think i've travelled in a car with them (i live a sheltered life).

Sunroof is a must, i have a SLK at the moment and get claustrophobic in cars without much light.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #2266
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Hi

Definitely Xenons! I think that you will regret it if you don't: not just the better illumination, but the much better look that it gives to the car (DRLs look a lot better, as do the rear lights).

Personally I love VDC.

Have you tried the Automatic?
Appreciate 0