BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #23
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicureaddict View Post
I know I feel silly complaining about waiting a few weeks when all of our friends outside of the US end up waiting months.

So my brother who works at BMW today started to hound me about not getting the upgraded harmon Kardon speakers and how i can still have them added up to 4 hours before it hits the assembly line. in fact he's the one who gave me the heads up that it went into production. I texted my sales guy and he said yah nope if it's in production no changes can be made.... ughhh why's my brother gotta be picking on me now... as if I'm not spending enough money already!! The most comforting thing about it finally being in production is that no more possible mind changes. although I have to admit i'm surprised i've stuck to the original choices. hopefully smooth sailing from here on out.
Can't your brother put Andy's and mine on the production line now ? It are the two red ones for Europe !
      02-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #24
Manicureaddict
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre2 View Post
Can't your brother put Andy's and mine on the production line now ? It are the two red ones for Europe !
he works over on the X5 side. he can only pull up and check status he doesn't have any power to do anything. But i must say when i toured the plant most of the cars were white so when they finally do hit the line everyone will be happy to work on a car that isn't white or black! I must admit I'm happy i didn't end up doing a european delivery I don't think I could wait that long! the trip would have been nice but then the waiting for the car to come back after you leave that would have been torture!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #25
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
he works over on the X5 side. he can only pull up and check status he doesn't have any power to do anything. But i must say when i toured the plant most of the cars were white so when they finally do hit the line everyone will be happy to work on a car that isn't white or black! I must admit I'm happy i didn't end up doing a european delivery I don't think I could wait that long! the trip would have been nice but then the waiting for the car to come back after you leave that would have been torture!
I don't mind ... An X5 would be ok with me

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #26
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
I don't mind ... An X5 would be ok with me
same here. X5 will do.
      02-19-2015, 12:46 PM   #27
Manicureaddict
Rep

My car exists!!! now i just have to wait for it to get delivered to the dealer and all the fun loan stuff. I wish I could just drive up to the plant and pick it up. According to my brother it's loaded up on a truck with a Saturday delivery at the dealership. My guess is I'll prob have it Tuesday. It seems to be common from what i can see that the dealer needs a day or two before they are ready to "sell" it. hopefully my next post I'll have pictures for everyone!!!

order placed 1/26
production start date 2/11
production complete 2/18

it was supposed to be completed on 2/17 according to the 800 number you call to check production status, I know bmw cancelled a shift due to the weather. we had a few hours of ice and all the roads were iced over. it's all melted now

Last edited by Manicureaddict; 02-19-2015 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #28
Manicureaddict
Rep

Picked her up on Tuesday!!!

We generally don't get any snow here in SC but just my luck we got some right after i got the new car. Husband was excited said the AWD will come in use.. When i was closing on the car the sales man came in and said they noticed a scratch on the wood trim in the center and that they already ordered a replacement. If he didn't say something to me I don't think I'd even notice. He's having me come back in a week to see if i have any questions on how to operate the car and said they'll wash her for me, which will be great since all of this yucky weather has got her dirty already!! buying mats from weather tech is on my list since the carpet mats show every bit of dirt , hopefully the rubber mats will cut down on that. wishful thinking

From placing the order to driving off was exactly 4 weeks. Beyond excited and so far we are really enjoying driving around in our new baby!

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 05:31 PM   #29
Paul_R_Canada
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: MB 2013 GLK250

Wow she's a bute! Congrats....
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 05:38 PM   #30
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Beautiful car, pic's look super. How did you get that massive snow flake on your hood?

Nice of dealer to offer follow up. Just a caution, I always refuse the car wash, as my dealer has automatic wash and I have heard of two bad wash/scratch from dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #31
kjoseph270
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 XDrive 40i MSport

Congrats, looks great!! I'm at 7 weeks, production is scheduled to complete today but site still hasn't updated. Hoping to have it in another 2 weeks (sorry to the UK folks)!

regretful former owner '88 E28 M5
'12 MG F30 328i
'15 CB F25 X3 35i
'19 Golf R Mk7.5
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 12:42 AM   #32
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Picked her up on Tuesday!!!

We generally don't get any snow here in SC but just my luck we got some right after i got the new car. Husband was excited said the AWD will come in use.. When i was closing on the car the sales man came in and said they noticed a scratch on the wood trim in the center and that they already ordered a replacement. If he didn't say something to me I don't think I'd even notice. He's having me come back in a week to see if i have any questions on how to operate the car and said they'll wash her for me, which will be great since all of this yucky weather has got her dirty already!! buying mats from weather tech is on my list since the carpet mats show every bit of dirt , hopefully the rubber mats will cut down on that. wishful thinking

From placing the order to driving off was exactly 4 weeks. Beyond excited and so far we are really enjoying driving around in our new baby!
Beautiful, I like the black interior, and you see that the wooden trim was a good choice after all.

But didn't you see the date on the plate ?? I'm sure you have to return the car to your dealer and wait until april!

Last edited by Portimao318; 02-27-2015 at 03:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 07:46 AM   #33
Manicureaddict
Rep

the snowflake on the hood was a major surprise I still don't really know why it happened one of my brothers said there must be some kind of metal bracing under the hood in that shape. I don't always understand science.

I am happy with the wood trim, in person it tends to seem more blackish than brown so I'm happy that it's not as brown as i thought it would be, in photos the brown comes out more but overall it's got a great look.

i have a tag I'll be transferring but i ran into some dmw issues and I'm waiting for them to clear up before I put the tag on the car. they wanted to charge me a fine for not having insurance on the car I sold after I already sold it.... In SC we have 45 days to register a car, so that's where the 4-10 date came from... haha no way I'm giving back this car!!

good point about the free car wash I'll have to keep that in mind, We have a really good car wash up the road and they do an outstanding job, plus my father in law told me he bought up like a 20 car wash package said I can use some of them.
Appreciate 0